Wake up you footy fans!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Stop taking the piss out of Portsmouth.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

so lacklustre wrote:the whole of portsmouth is a urinal so it'll fit in.

so what would your preferred combination be, either

Boula at cb and cashley at lb

or

Gallas at cb and bridge at lb

Berbatov has looked good and it is therefore strange that TH have gone backwards from last season. They have never looked like getting in the top four this season despite berbatov, malbranque chimbonda etc.
Spurs could still finish 5th (as we did last year) and have reached the q/fs of the FA Cup and the UEFA Cup, as well as the s/f of the Carling Cup. We lost all of those narrowly. Last year we weren't in Europe and were knocked out of the domestic cups early on by Grimsby and Leicester. In short we've played far more matchs than last year Not sure how you can say we've gone backwards on that evidence :? .

I would have liked Spurs to have had a better prem season, but if you asked me which has been the more enjoyable, I'd go for this season anytime. We've scored more goals and have been far more entertaining. Would have been much better if King hadn't been injured and Carrick had stayed...but that's footie for you.

I doubt Berba will be at Spurs next season. MJ is making the same unconvincing comments that he made about Carrick last year.
corruptio optimi pessima
Otis Westinghouse

We'll have 'im.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:We'll have 'im.
I suspect you just might. :(
corruptio optimi pessima
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Clint Dempsey keeping Fulham up!!!
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

go clint dempsey, go clint dempsey, go clint dempsey, go-ooohhhhh!

what, no speedracer fans here?

yes, I enjoyed that. and BONUS!!!! I get FF points out of it.

apparently The Guardian has listed MOTM as .... Craig Dempsey. That'll keep that boy motivated. :lol:
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Otis Westinghouse

Unbelievable that the prick Michael Ball got away with studding Ronaldo. Suspension will ensue. As Lineker said, Ronaldo was a model to young viewers of how to remain composed in the face of dirty adversity and win the game through sportsmanship. Ball got his comeuppance by losing the game for his club.

Hoping that Chelsea win tomorrow as it's just too easy otherwise, and too much risk that the 5 Chelsea/MU players in my FF squad won't be played if it's all decided already. Essien for a hat-trick! then again, if it did go to the last game, West Ham look pretty unstoppable right now. What a weird season they've had.
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

That was pretty bad and Ball deserves to sit out a game. Reminded me of Rooney stomping Carvalho in the WC last summer. No place for that crap in the game.
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
Otis Westinghouse

Boring! Too easy! I wanted to reclaim it on their ground. And I wanted Kalou to get that goal, and Terry too... (Maybe selling Arteta wasn't the best of plans.)

All the same, compensates to some extent for Wednesday's pain.

9 out of 15. Not bad. The untouchable managerial genius of SAF. I wonder if Keano will repeat such a feat when he returns to OT.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Incredible record and proof positive that SAF is the greatest manager in history. I personally wrote them off at the start of the season - I thought that they'd be fourth or fifth and key players looked past it to me.

Anyway, fair dues and I'd like to see them go on and get the double now with flair.
corruptio optimi pessima
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Just back from a terrific weekend in Manchester and vicinity. Made it to Wigan to see them lose to Boro. Nice stadium, lovely fans, terrible attendance considering what was at stake. Also saw Sheffield Wednesday play Norwich City at Hillsborough. Now that's a proper football ground. More spectators than at Wigan and they had nothing on the line.

Manchester itself was buzzing a bit with ManU having clinched the title, needless to say.
Otis Westinghouse

Were you wearing your Chelsea scarf then? You picked a great weekend to be there. Next up the guard of honour. And did you get to any gigs?
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

I wasn't able to get to any gigs, unfortunately. I didn't wear my Chelsea scarf around, but I didn't exactly hide who I support either.

I was happy to see us fighting to the end. We could have nicked that match at the Emirates.
Otis Westinghouse

As mentioned above, if only Kalou had got that one! The guard of honour will be fun, but it would have been more fun with an away victory! It's as well to know nothing can stop us now, and we can focus on our double, but it's a bit anti-climactic.

At least thick Ball has apologised and got the 3 match ban he should have commenced with a red card on Saturday. Crap refereeing.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

The snooker had me up late at night. Good thing I got some sleep on the flight back today.
Otis Westinghouse

Incredible comeback. Had ruled Selby out despite his excellent semi when it was 12-4, but to get back to 14-12, or was it 13? Well, wowee. I fell asleep at 12 last night, very early for me, but I'd had a nasty headache, came to as Higgins finished off the match. Shame it didn't go to the wire, but would they really have let it just run on till 3 in the morning? Last night matched last year's titanic Dott-Ebdon struggle for latest ever finish. I tend to only watch snooker once a year on the telly, but I totally get into it. Fave TV sport after footie.

Selby is surely a future winner, as Higgins had the grace to suggest himself. Very cool and collected, and great on speed shots, so always good to watch.

The TV gimmicks seem to have moved on apace - the 3D modelling was great. There seemed to be lots of instances of showing the path of a seemingly impossible shot and then either player would follow it almost to a milimetre.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Yeah it was good stuff. Looked like Selby just ran out of gas - a few loose shots - and that gave Higgins the motivation to raise his game a bit. When it's competitive and the players are making their shots it makes for great television.
Otis Westinghouse

Higgins was ruthless and unstoppable on Sunday, and I switched it on in the evening assuming he'd be a frame or two from the end, if not already champion. I love the comeback factor, as exciting as watching MU in some of their recent games. But it's always the test of a true champ to see if they have the psychological strength to withstand that sort of battering of their lead and still come out playing fantastic shots. they must be unbelievably tired by this point. It combines skill and psychology in such a potent way.
ReadyToHearTheWorst

Post by ReadyToHearTheWorst »

Newcastle Chairman Freddie Sheperd showing what a class act he is:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cWx5RK1G9c0
Translation: "I'll carry Michael Owen back [to Liverpool]" followed by "He's a good lad, but his agents a f*cking ..."
"I'm the Rock and Roll Scrabble champion"
Otis Westinghouse

Well he was being stretchered off somewhere today! Poor bloke, though apparently it ain't anywhere near as bad as feared.

What an exhausting afternoon! Sheff fans must be gutted, especially with the bitter detail of Unsworth sinking them.

Nice one Spurs!

Great season with a brilliant outcome!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Well he was being stretchered off somewhere today! Poor bloke, though apparently it ain't anywhere near as bad as feared.

What an exhausting afternoon! Sheff fans must be gutted, especially with the bitter detail of Unsworth sinking them.

Nice one Spurs!

Great season with a brilliant outcome!
You just had to keep the Spammers up, you bastards!

I'm not sad to see Wigan remain in the PL, 'cause I like Jewell and their fans seem like a good bunch, but I am disappointed that Sheff won't have a club in the PL. They seem to love their football there. Maybe next season - Wednesday and Sheff Utd going up together. What odds?
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

so lacklustre wrote:Tottenham will finish 8th
Ac Milan will win CL
Both fingers crossed
OK Nostradamus - one down, one to go :lol:
corruptio optimi pessima
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Crossing my fingers for Saints today - three Poles in the team and a friend of mine is a huge fan.
Chances are rather slim, though .....
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!

I'm missing the match, unfortunately. It's my dad's 65th birthday and we'll be on our way up to his place. Recorder at the ready.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Come on ummm

shit game with lots of career ending injuries?
signed with love and vicious kisses