New show with the Brodskys?

Pretty self-explanatory
Deportee

New show with the Brodskys?

Post by Deportee »

This is sheer speculation on my part.....

I steward (voluntary) at St Georges Bristol, where EC played with the Brodskys back in Nov 95 - it was not a Juliet Letters Concert as such, although they did play it all, but not in the straight album order and intersperced with other EC songs and Lost in the Stars etc, played as encores in 93.

The Brodsky Quartet are regulars in Bristol and are doing a "Close to You" series of 3 concerts - 28 Sept, 23 November and 25 January 08 - playing tribute to the Hollywood String Quartet. The first two concerts are already announced, but the last concert is where EC could possibly be involved.

From the St Georges brochure "........including some special arrangements of Frank Sinatra songs in the third and final concert. We'll be announcing the name of the singer they plan to plan to team up with in our spring brochure" (Spring brochure usually comes out late November/early December)

As I said, pure speculation on my part, but given the history between these artists I thought it worth a post. I will work on the House Managers for info and as soon as I find out, I'll confirm who the singer is going to be.
Partick Thistle - The Greatest Thing
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

It's easy to see how you can come to that conclusion. I bet Elvis would love the chance to sing some Sinatra numbers.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

I'd say Richard Rodney Bennet is a safer bet to get this gig. He was the big discovery for me on Moodswings, and, to be honest, he'd do a hell of a better job than Elvis.
Mikeh

Post by Mikeh »

Anyone want me CD of David and Michelle Murray's version of The Juliet Letters? Free to a good home or will trade. John Foyle - You surely must want this. Just imagine a piano accompanying a dentist's drill.