searching for "I know" by Elvis Costello

Pretty self-explanatory
aerolls

searching for "I know" by Elvis Costello

Post by aerolls »

I'm searching for an mp3 of "I Know" Elvis' cover of Fiona Apple's song from Decades Rock Live.

here's the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qmOw9lk81M

<object><param></param><param></param>< ... ></object>

if possible, contact me on a pm.

thank you,

A
charliestumpy

mp3

Post by charliestumpy »

Apart from finding it on e.g Soulseek, you can record it from e.g. YouTube...

e.g. VDownloader
http://vdownloader.en.softonic.com/

e.g. CDEX
http://cd-to-mp3.firefoxgrab.com/cd-ripper/

e.g. Audacity
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

You can record it streaming, or download video using e.g. Vdownloader.

You can then record sound using e.g. Audacity or CDEX.

You can use CDEX to mp3 your WAV sound.

Up to MS Vista there are alternatives.

From MS Vista ...
Recording on MS Windows 95-98-XP (use e.g. maybe CDEX or whatever to convert to compressed format if you choose afterwards...).

(January 2007 - On my laptop VISTA in most editions only records to 96kps WMA -in some to 96kps WAV - use CDEX analogue recording by:
plugging in short 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo jack lead from headphone-speakers-line out output into line-mic to record all internet/streaming nicely into CDEX analogue in recording - which I then edit in Audacity (I have no Nero WAV editor on laptop.)

MS VISTA RECORDING SECRET NOW REVEALED!

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2007/01/15 ... -in-vista/

has info to go into Control Panel – Select Sound thing – Select Recording, and even if says ‘none’, Right-click on background of tab window-thing – select Show Disabled Device(s), then Right-click on Wave Out Mix ans select Enable …

RECORD into e.g. Audacity/CDEX etc/edit ….

or

1 Plug in 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo line out/line in (with headphones output adaptor for monitoring) stereo jack - TURN VOLUME UP TO AT LEAST 50%.
2 Record using CDEX analogue in - save as WAV to .... (Documents/Received)
3 Open Audacity - Open WAV file above ...
4 Edit-normalise ...
5 Export as WAV.
6 In CDEX, convert WAV to e.g. 320 mp3.
7 This file will be in e.g. MUSIC in MP3 folder.

This is for e.g. internet streaming recording.
For external e.g. TV-radio/tape, use line in from e.g. amplifier instead of 'out/in' adaptor lead combo.

There appears to be a problem with Adobe Flash Player and Vista where web sites will not play Flash related content, even if you follow the link provided and install the player and it said that it was installed.

Navigate to:

C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

Then right clicked over both 'Flash9b.ocx' and 'FlashUtil9b.exe', and chose properties.

In properties choose the 'security' tab > Click on the 'everyone' account, and the button called 'edit' and then tick the box called 'allow full control' and also choose your own Windows local account name.

Once you have done this for both files run the FlashUtil9b.exe and it should install and update and tell you to restart. Do so and you should find that YouTube and other sites that use flash now work.
http://thevistaforums.com/index.php?act ... te=youtube

This is the best sound-quality method that I have used so far ... once you understand these boring 'instructions', it's a doddle.

N.B Stereo VCRs with up to 12 hours recording at 'third of speed) are very convenient for 'time-shifting' digital (from cable-box/Freeview/Sky etc) or analogue (maybe with timer on FM tuner/amp..) programmes ...

Audio cassette (etc ......)

Playing DVD in PC (etc....)

Connect cassette (etc ....) m/c to PC e.g. via audio amplification/directly into PC Line in ( you might use preferably e.g. RCA phonos, but probably use RCA phono x 2 from cassette/tape/VCR/amplification etc machine into 3.5 mm stereo jack - N.B. correct left -right output from source ...).

1) Ensure you have Volume control icon on main Tool bar (usually at bottom of screen...) - To do this, go into start menu, (usually bottom left green button ...) Control panel, Sounds and audio devices .... Tick-check little box 'Place icon on ....'.
Select this route into playback/recording ...on Left menu, select Options .. Recording ...
Make sure you have Line in & Stereo mix AT LEAST checked-ticked - you might want to add TV tuner or whatever you've got ... this will get you recording from LINE INPUT & e.g web-site song playing/DVD in PC ....

2) Place shortcut to Sound Recorder on desktop/in start menu - wherever you choose ...
Go into start menu (as before..) - select All Programs - Accessories - Entertainment - Sound Recorder

Make shortcut for this on desktop/in start menu - wherever .....
3) Now you can easily get at the main 2 routes into the Windows best/easiest way of recording at highest quality, without confusion from expensive add-on 'Recording' programs .....

select sound recorder

record (press red button) for the 60 seconds

select save as in left menu ... remember/choose where you're saving file!!!!!!! at this stage, it's best to select format in which you're actually saving your stuff - go for best quality option, which you select by pressing Change button at bottom of sound recorder save thingie ...
now you see top left-ish button - press - select CD quality ... as you see, this will save as 44.100.... 16 bit STERE0 - this will mean your BLANKS you save will always be set up as decent .wav files.
You can always convert to e.g. .mp3 later via e.g. CDEX or MusicMatch (free downloads) etc.

save this file as e.g. 1 (in a place you can find it later!!!!!!)

move sound recorder slider to far right ALWAYS during these processes ...

select 2nd top left menu in sound recorder ... INSERT ...

insert your 1 minute file ... now you have a 2 minute BLANK ... save this as e.g 2 somewhere you can locate later.

As before, insert e.g. file 2 at end - call it e.g. 4 (for minutes) and Save as ...)

Keep doing save as - insert till you've got e.g. BLANKS of different lengths - e.g. 8 minutes/ 16 minutes/32 minutes .... IT TAKES A LITTLE WHILE TO SAVE FILE ON YOUR COMPUTER .... it uses RAM, and if you've got 512k of decent speed stuff you can make up to e.g. about a 32 minute BLANK - enough to record in a side of most LP vinyl/half hour radio programme .... if you have 256k , you'll be limited to about 12 or 16 minute blank ...

.... you can always record a track at a time from e.g. tape/vinyl etc, but I tend to do an LP side and EDIT it later - some basic editing can be carried out via Sound Recorder, or Nero etc wav editor ..

TO RECORD, SELECT YOUR VOLUME CONTROL/(MAKE SURE YOUR E.G. INPUT IS SETUP, IN REALITY AND ON DISPLAY) - go into menu options recording - select usually Line in (or Stereo mix if you're recording from web or DVD in your computer) - do test-recording into a convenient-length BLANK you've made/saved for LEVEL (don't go anywhere near top or bottom of Sound Recorder level display - adjust vertical slider ... you can always Normalize if you want later in e.g. Nero....

If recording LP, usually quickest to open 32 minute blank, record at right level, then SAVE whole 32 minute recording AS e.g. side 1 . When your'e ready to play e.g. side 2 of LP, MAKE SURE sound recorder slider is moved back to LEFT 0 position ... press red button record.... when side etc finished, you can stop - save as e.g side 2. You can chop off beginning/end of file later by reloading it into EMPTY Sound recorder file ...., and saving as ....

Look at menu-options in sound recorder ... insert file-delete before current position - delete after current position are probably most useful ....

Plenty of other commercial programmes available, plus SilentBob as free download ... often the latter records at too high a level, but is great to avoid your having to go through this palaver I worked out for myself in 1996 ... IMHO once you've got your blanks setup/saved, it gives best results...

You might want to check too that e.g. your twin-phono RCA left-right stereo lead into 3.5 mm jack on your computer line in card-thingie actually gets you LEFT on left and vice-versa ---most PC components reverse channels at least once during whole input-recording playback-burning to DVDR-RW-CDRW-CDR stage!!!!!!

It is possible theoretically to improve everything by having quality (sometimes more expensive) equipment-cables-soundcard etc ...

It is quite easy to output line level signals from e.g. amplifier (supplied by any number of inputs ...) into PC.

As has been suggested, 2 RCA phonos out from e.g. amplifier into 3.5mm stereo jack will usually provide adequate e.g. analogue signals into PC for 'recording' to digital formats. (Many people use expensive internal/reasonably priced USB external soundcards with e.g. RCA phono L-R socketry).

Having recorded e.g. vinyl in a similar manner for many years, here are a few 'things' I have discovered.

01 Ensure you have LEFT/RIGHT channels inputted correctly through your PC so your digital-copy/recording does not reverse channels - this IMO extremely obvious point is ignored by most users.

02 Although some people maintain that 'the hostile PC environment' will compromise your recordings, I have found that there is little - if any - significant difference between using very short cabling/long cabling - expensive/not expensive cabling - expensive/not expensive audio components - expensive/not expensive soundcards etc etc.

03 Probably you have worked out how to record into e.g. Windows ... - this will give you your best .WAV 'master', which you can archive on e.g. hard-drives-DVDR-RWs etc-CDRs-CDRW/burn to CD audio discs/convert to different compressed formats later if you wish.

Basic editing (chopping off unwanted noise at beginning/end of 'recordings - maybe 'normalizing' etc) can be carried out on PC via supplied/readily downloadable-purchasable packages, but if you feel need to 'over edit' ORIGINAL SOUND you have recorded to e.g. .WAV, you will probably reduce sound quality permanently.

AUDACITY http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ works well for many - CDEX is IMO practical best for converting e.g. to .mp3, and now with MS VISTA recording via line in (and out ....!).

Freeview often is about 224 kps, DAB 128 kps, FM c. 700 kps ...
ReadyToHearTheWorst

Post by ReadyToHearTheWorst »

Sagelike advice from Mr Stumpy, to which I'll add my own two penn'orth ...

The sheer logistics of getting the PC and HiFi close enough to achieve an analog capture can be daunting. Hereabouts that involves a flight of stairs and umpteen extra sockets.

So, if you have one, a laptop seems ideal. However, many don't have 'line in', and 'mic' is unlikely to give quality results (have tried it on 2 different laptops and both sounded cr@p).

Another method would involve linking the HiFi to (e.g.) a DVD recorder. The disc can be transferred to the PC and the soundtrack converted to WAV using something like dbpoweramp (loads of options available for any file type you can throw at it).

You might also splash out on a USB turntable. However, they are a little pricey at the mo, and if all you want to transfer is a Slade B side, recently found hiding under your bed / in the loft / at a charity shop, it might not be worth it.
"I'm the Rock and Roll Scrabble champion"
charliestumpy

I know

Post by charliestumpy »

aerolls

Re: I know

Post by aerolls »

charliestumpy wrote:Yes.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/uxczm9
thank you,

this is an amazing version.

A