New baby for Verbal

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
sulky lad

New baby for Verbal

Post by sulky lad »

Hope I'm not stealing his thunder but I'm sure you'd all like to join me in congratulating VG and Mrs VG on the arrival of Jessica yesterday afternoon weighing in at a respectable 7 pounds !! :D
Jack of All Parades

Re: New baby for Verbal

Post by Jack of All Parades »

That is nice news. Daughters are wonderful additions to a family, speaking from experience. Best of health, happiness and a long life together wished for all the family members.
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'
migdd

Post by migdd »

Way to go Mr. and Mrs. vg!!
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Congratulations!
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

and she is beautiful...

but I can't get the photo to post, so here is the link.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39595859@N00/4860461772/

congratulations, VG, Mrs. VG and Mini VG.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Very nice,. Congrats VG. My advice - stop at two!
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Congratulations!!
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Having had my thunder stolen :x ( :lol: :wink: ) I'm pleased to say that the new mini VG is doing well. She was born a healthy 7lbs 8oz (if you're gonna steal my thunder sulky lad at least get your facts right!!!).

Mrs VG, mini VG1 and mini VG2 are all well and beautiful.

VG, however, is trying to work out a bathroom rota for the next 20 years...!

Thanks for your kind words everyone.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

Congrats. Don't push Elvis' music on her too heavily; you run the risk of her hating his music just to spite you.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
migdd

Post by migdd »

As the dad of a 14-year-old girl who's really into Lady Gaga, Drake and Justin Beiber, believe me, I don't need to make her listen to Elvis' music. She'll grow to spite you anyway. She'll just turn on the car radio. :wink: :? :lol:
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

I remember clearly playing MLAR whilst bathing my son aged 2 and getting him to sing "Window" during CCIU. 4 and at that time his favourite album was Big Audio Dynamite - now at 20 he's into his drum and bass stuff and it seems BAD is a greater influence than Elvis though he did come to the Symphony Hall in Birmingham with me ( I paid of course !!) and he said he enjoyed it more than he thought he would and yet the track he recalls and likes most by Elvis - Opportunity !!??!! Now where did that come from ? :roll:
Jack of All Parades

Post by Jack of All Parades »

Three daughters have taught me many things and probably #1 on the list is they will be themselves- music wise they are teaching me- as to EC the middle one will listen on occasion but not from my pushing-he just does not resonate for a great many of their generation, unfortunately. I have learned to love and appreciate their individual tastes- I wish the same for you as your daughter grows. As to the bathroom rotation speaking as one male in a household of four females and only one bathroom for the last 25 years- can say it is doable- just have learned to shave less frequently and to get in and do my business as quickly as possible before a daughter needs the space for whatever.
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Sulky lad - not only did you steal my thunder but you've also taken the thread off kilter :x :lol:

We've ventured out as a four piece a few times now and so far so good. Going to try a day out next week...

And cards and presents are still arriving :D
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?