Rome show, Oct 19th

Pretty self-explanatory
idle hands

Rome show, Oct 19th

Post by idle hands »

I was lucky enough to see the Rome show last Sunday. The auditorium was just fantastic, excelent acoustics, I suppose there were about 2.000 people. It was the perfect place I guess for the performance, since he was only with Steve.
I arrived at the city the day before and I was surprised when I didn't see any advertising at all on the streets, not even a poster in the auditorium, don't know how people found out about the show at all...

I dont have a setlist, I actually started trying to remember the whole thing, but right before the North songs started I just quit and enjoyed the show. The setlist was similiar to the London show, but I was gladly surprised to hear 4 songs from PFM including Toledo, I still have that other girl, In the Darkest Place and This house is empty now. THIEN got the biggest response from the audience with a standing ovation. My favorite one was Toledo, Elvis played the guitar in a very bossanova way, which was just perfect and ITDP had a very nice moment at the end when he walks out of the light and away from the mic.

He also thanked the audience for choosing him instead of the beatification of sister .."what's her name". :roll: BTW, the city was absolutely crowded, there were thousands of tourists everywhere, I've never seen so many people with maps in every corner.... (including myself of course)

The show lasted about 2:20, with only one very long encore.

It was such a thrill to see Elvis for the first time in such a perfect show, in such a great city.
que no panda el cunico
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Well done Idle! I've been away so only just saw this. So were you in Rome for business or pleasure? Or did you decide you just had to see Elvis on this tour and Rome was the best option? Sounds like a good gig, and I'm a bit jealous that you got to see THIEN, becuase that's my favourite of PFM and that would really have made the night perfect in London.

I haven't read about any of the other European dates, but wasn't he going to have the Brodskies in Italy? Not in Rome obviously.

I'm hoping that they'll turn up in Birmingham next Friday, nd that I can still get a ticket!
idle hands

Post by idle hands »

Hey Otis!!
I was there for pleasure, after two weeks of "work" in Sandnes, Norway.
I took a couple of days off and decided to go to see Elvis, and I was lucky enough to find the Rome show.
I also saw the Fun Lovin Criminals when I was in Stavanger, Norway, but I wasnt that much impressed. Had a good time tho.
que no panda el cunico