When We Will this Woman Cease to Bedevil Me?????

Pretty self-explanatory

Kate's Next Demand on Bobster Will Be

To Turn His Car into a Moving Advertisement for "North", a la legendary out of work actor Dennis Woodruff
13%
To move into a Deutsche Grammophon Commune, Signing Away all Worldly Possessions to EC, Bertelsman and, yes, Kate
25%
To Give Up All Wordly Goals, to Take Up a Vow of Silence, and to Meditate Upon "North" for a 5 Year Period, Ermergging Only for the Release of "The Return of the King" and the "Firefly" Movie
63%

Total votes: 8

bobster

When We Will this Woman Cease to Bedevil Me?????

Post by bobster »

Just got another note from Kate.

Seems she's listening to "North" a work a great deal. Hope she gets to keep her job and doesn't lose it when her boss, who's been reading all the UK reviews, tells her that EC is just a big pretentious tosser (whatever that means) and tells her to stop playing it or be sacked...I mean "fired."

Now she wants me to write positive reviews of "North" and post them all over Amazon and other such spots.

Kate is a demanding mistress. Do I dare disobey?
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
Misha

Post by Misha »

Bobster,

I can tell you that I don't understand the whole Kate thing, but at least you get to see two movies without driving up in a huge EC mobile when you do it with option #3. If you go just #1 you will be bored. If you go #2, EC will just leave your belongings in a hotel somewhere, as I don't think he really lives anywhere......and you have no money, so no movies....Option #3 is the way to go!!
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

Kate has just told us to play North while we're dishing out the sweets and insults this Holloween. Good idea... that'll scare the little buggers off.
bobster

Post by bobster »

Yes, she also wants us to just sort of randomly post on other sites about how great "North" is -- and then report back to her.

Actually, I now think Kate is a giant queen bee-like entity who is trying to fuse us all into a single uber-identity.

But seriously, folks -- who writes this #$@#$ anyway. I've been in PR and I know a little about marketing. It seems to me they seriously misunderstand the kind of people who enjoy EC's music. I mean, I'm sure there's a stupid person out there, somewhere, who likes Elvis (God knows, they seem to make every concert!) but I can't believe this wouldn't work a little better with fans of say, Incubus or Wayne Newton.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

As a test, I clicked a link to the fan site that Kate seems to be from. I signed up for the street team of Limp Bizket (who I loathe), and I got the same advice fro both acts--play the music while giving out treats. They're form letters more or less.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
bobster

Post by bobster »

Not exactly targetted marketing! I guess it must be really cheap, 'cause otherwise it would be a waste of money.
Misha

Post by Misha »

The thing I find truly annoying about "Kate" is that she wants us to do her work for her. If you went cruising around to your co-workers desks, telling them they should do your reports and then report back to you, it wouldn't work. I don't know that it is working here.....

Ingenious-ness from the record industry, get a bunch of fans to do your marketing for you, so that way you don't spend your hard-stole money on advertising and promotion...

Maybe "Kate"(being a 45 year old white guy at a computer at Fanscape) will next ask me to wash his car? :twisted: :twisted: :x :x
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

I'm completely lost with regards to this Kate thing??? THe only thing I need to know is if she's totally shaved or has a bush...
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
MichaelM

Post by MichaelM »

My nephiew worked for universal a couple years ago when he was at UCLA(unpaid internship, I think he was 20) and basically did the whole "Kate" spiel. Posting on message boards and finding links from amazon and other order sites to spam people.

"Kate" is probably some 20 year old male intern who doesn't like or more likely doesn't even know who Elvis is.

This kind of marketing is probably pretty ineffective(especially for Elvis fans) but why not try, what else are you going to do with a bunch of unpaid interns? They know how to email and post on message boards(probably not much more than that) so let them go at it. What have they got to lose.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Copenhagen Fan wrote:THe only thing I need to know is if she's totally shaved or has a bush...
Ah Cope, as ever so subtle and understated :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

What a joke...don't you find it insulting that an official promotions office would resort to that kind of crappy publicity..I can't imagine EC would be too impressed. :x