Happy Thanksgiving!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
taz
Site Admin

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Post by taz »

With apologies to our friends on the other side of the 'pond', I'd like to send out my best wishes to you and your family for the holidays.

I will most likely be out of contact starting tomorrow through the weekend so I hope everyone has a happy and safe time.

-taz
Last edited by taz on Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
A rope leash

Let's eat!

Post by A rope leash »

Happy T-Day to you, too, O Great One.

I'm smoking a turkey!
Misha

Post by Misha »

ARL,

Make sure you light the right end... :wink:

Taz,

Don't have to apologize to those on the other side of the sea, they are having their own Thanks giving in that they are thankful they don't have all of us crowding them, and they don't have Bush anymore. All the more reason to celebrate! Now, as for me....Bush being home aside, family, food and movies all day....

Now, as for the Canadians, I guess they can be thankful they aren't down here right now.....

See, everyone gets a shot at being thankful and eating copious amounts of fat laden food....mmmmm....
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Hey everyone in the US...have a good thanksgiving!

Eat loads of turkey, pumpkins and cranberries, and invite your families around to make you appreciate them, and the fact you don't have to live with them anymore. :D
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Thanksgiving was my favorite holliday....but no more....no pumpkin pie, no turkey, no stuffing, no family....no nothing....I'll have to teach my girlfriend about thanksgiving.....something about how the turkey gets stuffed or something like that... :lol:
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

Cope--only you could turn a holiday into a joke about schtupping.

While I abhor my hometown, I am very much looking forward to going home and seeing my family. My mom and dad are cooking much more food than is necessary for a family of four: ham, turkey, potato salad, greens, cornbread, etc.

I also get to see my grama--who had a massive stroke a few years ago, but is still hanging on with us. Her body may broken, but her spirit isn't--and that's just one of many things that I'm thankful for.
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Dearest Candy...I'm just thankful for the gifts that I've been endowed with
and would like to reinvent history so that it reflects that Thanksgiving is a sham....an Oliver Stone style conspiracy where the Pilgrims stuck it to the Native Americans and then tried to make it look like they were buddies afterwards....
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

I am thankful for a 12 hour shift on Thanksgiving where I'll make time-and-a-half, with multiple shift differential bonuses added on!

I'M A TOY I'M A TOY I'M A TOY I'M A TOY I'M A TOY I'M A TOY I'M A TOY
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Thanksgiving is my family's biggest holiday. We're secular Jews, we just like to eat. This year is the first Thanksgiving since my grandmother passed in April, so it's likely to be bittersweet.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Despite the obvious religious overtones in the name, what I like about Thanksgiving is that it can be a holiday for everyone. It's a great time for family to be together, for people to eat too much really good food, and for reflection on how blessed, lucky, or successful you are. if you have spare change in your pocket, a roof over your head, clothes to wear and food to eat, you're wealthy compared to most of the world. Even though the Puritans screwed the Native Americans and the traditional "first Thanksgiving" story is more or less fiction, I still always look forward to this day.
Safe travel for all who are travelling, and enjoy the day.

Oh, something I like to do on Thanksgiving that I hope catches on. Find someone like LTZ who has to work that day, and bring them a plate of turkey, with all the trimmings. Gas stations and convenience stores are usually open and staffed with people who would probably rather be at home.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

Im working on Thanksgiving too! I think I get paid doubletime though . . . I hope. I dont always . . .

And as Im off work today, this is my Thanksgiving. So, Happy Thanksgiving!
cosmos

Post by cosmos »

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone..... :D
bobster

Post by bobster »

Happy Thanksgiving all.

I'll be in Rancho Cucamonga (about 60 miles east of L.A. --- near one of the big fire hot spots), celebrating with cousins who will be most thankful that they still have a house to hold the event in!
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

A very happy thanksgiving to all you American type people - have a great time!!
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

Noise, GREAT IDEA! :D

We can do it Pippers.

THE LIONS ARE WINNING!!! IT'S A THANKSGIVING MIRACLE!!!
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Happy Thanksgiving over there. No need for apologies, it's nice to think of you all getting stuffed. No Bush at home though. Anyone see him turn up for the soldier boys on the news? Enough to make you choke on your cornbread.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I served food today for my own family, plus my sister-in-law and nephew. It was her first time totally away from her immediate family on a major holiday since moving here to Huntsville and I really wanted her to feel at home. I was happy she felt comfortable enough to be here with us.

Here, I'll share the apple pie with everyone. :)

http://www.fotolog.net/sp00kygirlfriend ... id=2761357
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

who had pumkin pie with cool whip???? huh? not me....I got nothing and liked it... :cry:
Misha

Post by Misha »

Nice pie Spooky!!!

We (my roommate and I) had everyone over to our house....Food for everyone!! Watched a lot of stupid movies and relaxed.

Tons of leftovers to attack today.,,, :D :D :D :D
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

So...a good tip for all who are forced to go to their annoying, boring and racist cousins house...bring along your black buddy and have him act like he's your boyfriend...really fun for the whole family... :lol:
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Taz...now that sounds like a mighty cool Thanksgiving !!! Respect....
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

taz wrote:So...a good tip for all who are forced to go to their annoying, boring and racist cousins house...bring along your black buddy and have him act like he's your boyfriend...really fun for the whole family... :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet that led to some interesting conversations...
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?