Whatever happened to:

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
oily slick

Whatever happened to:

Post by oily slick »

tokyovogue, norman brain, idle hands, lipstickvogue, firebetty, stormwarning, sweetpear, mike boom?
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
A rope leash

watching detective

Post by A rope leash »

I saw stormwarning logged in not ong ago. I guess he'd rather be a witness than a participant.

Otis and Jackson don't post much lately, it seems, as well as much of the British brigade, Plaything, Gilli, ect. How about Mouth Almighty or Toy Scaremonger?

I'd like to think that they found better things to do.

And where's Shabbydoll? We got to have Shabbydoll...
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Whatever happened to (unintelligible)?
Whatever happened to the funny pages?
Whatever happened to (unintelligible)?
Whatever happened to the Middle Ages?
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

perfect blue
signed with love and vicious kisses
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

yes, perfect blue?
and the poisoner?
hell whatever happened to keith from kc?
it is North's fault.
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
HungupStrungup

Post by HungupStrungup »

Forget all those people. I'm still trying to figure out what the hell happened to me!
"But it's a dangerous game that comedy plays
Sometimes it tells you the truth
Sometimes it delays it"
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

I know that PoP away for a bit, but you're right there's loads of people gone AWOL....if you look through the members list there's actually loads of people who never posted, or just did once or twice.

Remember the sailorgirl who said she'd had dinner with EC?
What about the irrepressible King of Spain?
What happened to Altruistic Bum? There have been a couple of brummies post irregularly...maybe they're one and the same person!
Verbal Kint

Post by Verbal Kint »

Two occurences that may have had an effect:

1. A period of time when the forum descended to levels lower than whale shit on the ocean floor because of the self-serving, destructive strategies of a former 'contributor' (read as pleural, as it turns out that the 'poster' was actually a poseur who employed multiple screen names and personas to engage in discussion with themself), and;

2. A frustrating period of time when some of us experienced the complete inability to post, with the fatal "invalid session" flag providing enough negative reinforcement to eventually kill the desire. Only after I changed screen names was I able to post again, successfully. I suppose that is is just coincidental...that whatever cause the evil "Invalid Session" message was repaired in the meatime.

I am excited to return. An incredible group of personalities contribute thoughtfully to this forum, which only serves to reinforce my interest in the artist that is the focal point of these discussions (some much more than others...)

My regret is that I adopted a screen name that is too similar to a long time ocntributor, Verbal Gymnastics. Apologies to you VG. It was completely inadvertant, and I will try to reacquire my former screen name, Mr. Average, because Lord knows, you certainly would not want to have anyone mistake my posts for yours.

Lord knows...
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
- Verbal Kint
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Verbal Knit. Decide which account you want to keep.. Verbal Knit or Mr. Average. There is no need to have two accounts on here.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

I think Mr. Average was having trouble posting under that name and so reluctantly reregistered under a new one. But I'm (honest) not him, so I may be wrong.

In re: 'invalid Session." I still sometimes get that message. When I do, I:

1. click back on the browser to my post in the compose screen, which thus far is always still there.

2. Highlight and copy that text.

3. Go back to the thread.

4. Click "Post a reply"

5. Paste text of what I had written and resubmit.

So far it has worked every time. I think the invalid session comes up sometimes if I've taken a while to compose a post, or sometimes if I try to post at the same instant as someone else. I've noticed that whe I get that message and then take the above steps, there's usually a new post by someone else right above my new one.

People may also have stayed away because of overlong posts like this one...
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
HungupStrungup

Post by HungupStrungup »

And then, some people stay away because I sometimes have conversations with myself.
Sometimes it delays it"
HungupStrungup

Post by HungupStrungup »

You do, really?
Sometimes it delays it"
HungupStrungup

Post by HungupStrungup »

For real!
Sometimes it delays it"
bobster

Post by bobster »

Well, I did hoist a beer or two with Mike Boom in November when he came to town on a layover all the way from Auckland, NZ.

Perhaps they're all travelling the world....
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Verbal Kint wrote:My regret is that I adopted a screen name that is too similar to a long time ocntributor, Verbal Gymnastics. Apologies to you VG. It was completely inadvertant, and I will try to reacquire my former screen name, Mr. Average, because Lord knows, you certainly would not want to have anyone mistake my posts for yours.
No problem. I think people on the board are far too intelligent to mistake us for each other. It may only become strange if we're both in the same conversation and someone says "Hey Verbal" or something like that!

I think as far as many of the British contingent are concerned, a lot of us were on holidays from Christmas until this week. I certainly was. Some of us may still be catching up with work etc and have not had time to catch up with the board. I only log in to the board at work and other people may be in the same position. Still me and laughingcrow are still here! I look forward to seeing the reappearance of Plaything, Gilli, solacklustre, Otis etc. to keep the British end up!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Blue:

Noise is correct.

I have rectified the situation, and NOW only post as Mr. Average.

Give me a break. I spent endless hours trying to post as Mr. Average, even attempting to reregister with new passwords. Even a rat in a skinner box with an intracranial jolt delivered with each failed post would have learned more rapidly than I to change names. Today, I retried Mr. Average and it appears to work.

For the record, I did work through the site administrator to try to rectify the situation so that I would not need to adopt another screen name. Some of the members of this board know how vehemently oppossed I am to posting under multiple screenmaes.

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

MR. EFFEN AVERAGE
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

no worries, Mr. A.. just wanted to clarify 8)
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
idle hands

Post by idle hands »

Its very nice of you Oily Slick to remember...

I've been away mostly because of my job, last year was an exhausting year for me, I nearly spoiled a relationship because of it :( although apparently someone loves me very much and is moving into my apt this weekend :D :D so I definitely don't have any time left to post. But I regularly visit the site since it's my browser home, although I miss the Elvis news... I usually visit the Annex more frequently than the Elvis section...

Hopefully my job will be more reasonable in a couple of weeks... but its summer here, and very very nice, so most likely my posting will keep low..

Well, cheers to everyone and Feliz Año Nuevo.
que no panda el cunico