For Men Only

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
mood swung

For Men Only

Post by mood swung »

Here's a trend you'll want to follow!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3919210

Newsweek Jan. 19 issue

- As three Wall Street types left an Upper East Side salon in Manhattan last week, a beautician told a NEWSWEEK reporter: "It's not their backs I'm waxing. It's their b-lls." There is such a thing as being too well groomed, but apparently not for some upwardly mobile heterosexual men. In several major metro areas—New York, L.A., Atlanta, Washington, D.C.—men are paying up to $100 for bikini waxes that take it all—all—off. Ken Knox, associate editor at Adult Video News, says, "For years, gay men have been shaving and using the Nair hair-removal cream. But it's the straight guys who seem to be doing the more extreme waxing."

There are powerful motives at play. Men claim it makes oral sex more sensual, says Lidia Tivichi of New York's Kimara Ahnert salon. "Without the hair, everything down there looks bigger," she says. "I know they like that, too." When the pain is unbearable, men use anesthetic cream before appointments. Still, Cynthia Esser-Thorin, who owns Pink Cheeks in Sherman Oaks, Calif., says that at times "we have to pull a man off the ceiling." (She uses her feet to steady the hairiest guys.) Not Ron, a divorced 39-year-old banker from L.A.: "Conversation helps. If [a waxer] talks to me midtear, I can keep my mind off it."

—Holly Peterson and Jenny Hontz

Don't try this at home!!!
Like me, the "g" is silent.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Hey, Moody, sounds like your hubby might think this is more fun than seeing Elvis with us at the Ryman. :)
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

Waxing my LEGS is hell. I can't imagine a man having his...um...berries waxed.

At least now men might have an idea of what PMS is like. HA!
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
A rope leash

Where's CopeFan?

Post by A rope leash »

This is another case of people with more money than sense. That hair is there for a reason. I don't know what the reason is, but I see no reason to remove it!

Are they paid per scrotum or per testicle?
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

.....' "Pink Cheeks" in Sherman Oaks CA'.....

this name sounds obscene to me. i do not want to know what they do to get those cheeks pink.

i don't get why a guy would wanna go 'bare' anyway. doesn't make ME any happier. in fact, personal opinion here, *ick*.

oh, and really, no one has to explain to me why it might be more fun. really, no need to bother.
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

SoLikeCandy wrote: I can't imagine a man having his...um...berries waxed.
berries?
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
Misha

Post by Misha »

I cannot understand why a man would do this. Speaking of the berries I have seen, I did not note the absence or presence of hair. There was better stuff going on to pay attention to....

Is this some sort of socially acceptable form of S&M????
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Why would any man want their back, sack and crack waxed let alone PAY for it?!

By the way, does Adult Video News have a website?! :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Is that hair there for a reason NOW is the question, seeing as we all wear longjohns and the like, it's a bit different to when we roamed the plains of Africa with cold testicles.

Billy Connolly said they look like a 'hairy brain'...the fact that the male cognitive centre is in their scrotum will not surprise many female readers :lol: .
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

Misha wrote: Speaking of the berries I have seen
berries?
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

oily slick wrote:
SoLikeCandy wrote: I can't imagine a man having his...um...berries waxed.
berries?
oily slick wrote:
SoLikeCandy wrote:Speaking of the berries I have seen
berries?
Is there an echo in here? :)
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Verbal G wrote:
Why would any man want their back, sack and crack waxed let alone PAY for it?!

if you can think of one more spot to wax, I think we'll know what EC was up to during those four days at the spa....
Like me, the "g" is silent.
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

Am I the only one not too shocked by this? Not that I necessarily think it's a great (or fun) idea, but I guess it seems like it's fairly common for women to shave/wax/nair/whatever other way you can think of to remove hair down there, so why not men too?

Eh, whatever. Just a thought :wink:
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

trim, not wax...who wants to look like a 12 year old boy? (insert michael jackson joke here)
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

REDSHOES: Im with you on this one. Variety is the spice of life and all that jazz! :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

Berries.

That's right. I said it. BERRIES, damn it!
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
A rope leash

Post by A rope leash »

Surely, you mean plums...
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

nuts, bag, balls, knackers, family jewels, the twins, yes, even plums, but berries?
taz wrote:trim, not wax...who wants to look like a 12 year old boy? (insert michael jackson joke here)
so you need to weed the berry patch? surely you don't need to make little taz, the one-eyed monster, mr winkie, the big unit, your third leg, the old tallywhacker, mr happy, dudley do wrong appear healthier than it is, you're 6'5" for heavens sake. and a site administrator.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

What's the most unnatractive hair on males ladies?

I'd hazard a guess at profuse nipple hair...
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Nope, it's hair coming out of the ears! :o
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

ears / nose

ick. ick. ick.
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

OS, you're having a problem with the berry thing, no? Berries come in all shapes and sizes. I've seen strawberries the size of apples. Also, at the risk of opening a door that no one wants opened, keep in mind that a banana is technically a berry.

Furry shoulders. Blech. And Laughingcrow, I would say that profuse nipple hair in the absence of other chest hair would be a little weird. Not weird enough to wax, though.
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

oily slick wrote:
so you need to weed the berry patch? surely you don't need to make little taz, the one-eyed monster, mr winkie, the big unit, your third leg, the old tallywhacker, mr happy, dudley do wrong appear healthier than it is, you're 6'5" for heavens sake. and a site administrator.
6'5" is one thing...but it's the site admin that brings all the girls to the yard (vague milkshake song reference...sorry). Gotta keep it neat Oily or else you hazard having a girl not willing to perform certain acts...though I don't have a double standard, I hold them to the same criteria... :D

(and it can never appear 'too' healthy...if ya know what I'm saying :wink: )
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
legman open to offers

Post by legman open to offers »

Who wants to look like a snake crawling out of a birds nest? No offence L. Crow.
Now I'm the invisible man, and you can't see me.
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

The 'reason' for the hair: anatomists posit that the hair acts as a dry lubricant, minimizing the membrance to membrane contact (and attendant friction) that causes chaffing and irritation when two mucous membranes abut up against each other and, because of the anatomical design of the human body, have the tendency to rub against each other. Reference the axillary region, the female external genitalia, specifically the labia majora, and the crack of the ass.

Strictly speaking, the skin in these regions meets all of the anatomical requirements of mucous membranes: an epithelial cell lining with only slight keratinization, apocrine sebaceous glands ( a form of exocrine gland that offers another lubricant, but is rapidly prone to bacterial infection once its contents are extruded to the skins surface).

Then, of course, there is that good friction associated with sexual activity. Again, the pubic hair in the region is considered a dry lubricant that reduces irritation that might result from prolonged periods of intense copulatory behavior...the kind that you can easily read about in Penthouse forum. And , of course, the only kind in my personal realm of experience.

Yah, thats it! Thats the ticket! (with best nasal Jon Lovitz accent that you can muster).

Somehow, the word 'muster' in this context sounds obscene.

So when one shaves the "Little Fireman", or "Big Ed" as it were, they are stoking the frictional fires of chaffing and irritation of the skin of the Nether Regions.

Finally, I can use some of that useless knowledge that I absorbed when I completed the requirements for a Masters Degree in Human Anatomy. I must admit, however, that I enjoyed teaching that lesson to the first year Nursing Students. Lecture, of course. No lab required or permitted.

Dammit.

Talk about irritation...........................
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)