Not Sure If This Has Been Posted

Pretty self-explanatory
sabreman

Not Sure If This Has Been Posted

Post by sabreman »

BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Fantastic! Thank you, sabreman!
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Just in case this vanishes -

Jamming with Jimbo

Elvis (Costello, that is) spotted in Clarksdale

Recording in the studio this April, Elvis Costello, NO SHIT. Elvis was alive and well checking out the shacks at the Shack Up Inn. He said he was going to stay at the Peabody after he leaves the shacks, now that's going from one end of the spectrum to the other. I will post some pictures after the session, just so you folks won't think we are lying to you. I took him to the studio and jimbo was hammering his ass off. I think Elvis thought he was hired help, he looked like someone I WOULDN'T hire but everything was cool. We went from the studio to the Delta Blues Museum and Shelley Ritter, AKA HUNCH MAMA, bent his ear for an hour or so. A thank you goes out to Elvis and Milo for the tickets to the Memphis show, we'll see ya there, if you answer my phone call

Elvis showed up and after an hour of getting FUNKED, yes FUNKED by the 1950's Telefunken V72 the show got to rolling. Great music, great people, and lots of fun. We might or might not have ONE picture of Elvis in the studio, taken by Jimbo, IF HE CUT THE CAMERA ON BEFORE THE SHOT. The flash gives Elvis the ass so we did the best we could with what we had to work with. the shot of the night was missed with Elvis at the piano with the mike wrapped around his neck like a noose. An old Peter Green song forced Jimbo to rush out of the control booth and into the studio for some sweet licks on one of his old KAY guitars. Elvis even got off on some North Mississippi Boogie stuff which FORCED him to bellow out, more than once to everyone in the house, now, that it HUNCHABLE BOOGIE MUSIC. Gotta watch that BOOGIE, its a BAD ASS DISEASE THAT WILL GET YA.

Well we just rolled back into Clarksdale and Milo came thru with the tickets. Great show at the Hi Tone in Memphis. thanks much to Elvis, Pete, Dave, Steve, Frank and Milo and all the dudes for the passes, nice company and one great time. Hope to see ya down at the shacks once the CD comes out. Adios amigos,
Guy

PS-no studio pictures because jimbo didn't cut on the flash, he needs an old Telefunken TUBE camera
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

I love that picture of "the band in the Hopson Commissary".
signed with love and vicious kisses