Six Feet Under

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Who Shot Sam?

Six Feet Under

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Any other "Six Feet Under" fans on the board? Like "The Sopranos", they do a great job of using music as a complement to the story. Hearing Radiohead's "Lucky" at the end of this week's episode made me smile.

And who do you reckon is sending the poo in a box to James Cromwell's character? One of his many ex-wives?
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

woah woah woah woah Sam...massive Spoiler alert! :D :shock:

Im a fan of 6fu, but the 4th series hasn't started here yet..I think it must do this week or something though, cos I saw an advertisement on E4. Im a massive fan of their use of unusual characters in dramatic situations (older, gayer, weirder...like the speccy lad Arthur :lol: ).

I have to say that there has been some good music on it, but most of it I don't know. Remember the Beta band on it once...and there was one episode in series 3, where Claire got into her hearse and turned the keys, then this wicked electrosynth sound came on...I think it was the one where she dumped the guy in the band?
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Actually, Sam you've inspired me to find out the name of that track...

looking here..

http://www.hbo.com/sixfeetunder

and here...

http://www.supermusicvision.com/frames.htm

ADDENDUM: Think I found it...Electric Soft Parade's Start Again....now need to find a wee sampler online of that song to verify (there isn't one on amazon.com :evil: ) The internet is a wonderful thing!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Oooops, sorry LC. The box of poo isn't much in the way of a spoiler, to be honest.

I just love the way the characters have developed on this show. HBO puts network TV to shame - "Six Feet Under", "Curb Your Enthusiasm", "The Sopranos" all excellent (though I was a little let down by the most recent season of "The Sopranos").
Pov

Post by Pov »

I love SFU. That, and the Sopranos, are the only reason I pay for HBO. When are Brenda and Nate going to get back together? Any bets on whether it will be this season?
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Pov wrote:I love SFU. That, and the Sopranos, are the only reason I pay for HBO. When are Brenda and Nate going to get back together? Any bets on whether it will be this season?
I think so. It's inevitable, isn't it?
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

He had that little flash-forward thing were they were going up the stairs with a baby didn't he.
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

No! I think Justin Theroux is just cute as a button. And I think it would be too obvious to have it be an ex-wife sending the poo, it wouldn't fit in with the bizarrerie factor of the show.
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

I thought it might have been Arthur. He strikes me as the passive-aggressive type . . .
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

pip_52 wrote:I thought it might have been Arthur. He strikes me as the passive-aggressive type . . .
Yeah, but his conversation with Ruth convinced me that it was not him. Maybe the dead father sending poo from beyond the grave! :wink:
miss buenos aires

Pip, I'm no psychologist, but I think passive aggression is not really on the same level as poo in a gift basket...
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Passive-aggresive? Just ask Mr. Average - he knows all about that.
miss buenos aires

bam, if we were at a party, this is where you'd get a smart rap across the knuckles with my fan.
Pov

Post by Pov »

It had to be Arthur. After the argument about the origin of the term "formica," Arthut went on the internet and confirmed that he was right. He sent the poo as a message - "you're full of sh*t."
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

I refused to read past the first line for fear of learning too much about future episodes. Blue and I have recently become huge fans, and even while gone this past week found ourselves wondering what would happen in the next episode! It seems kinda silly, as neither of us have ever been big TV hounds, but we're really into this show. We find ourselves actually caring about what happens to the characters and such...very well done show.

We've been back only a few hours and have already rented the next disk and are off to watch episode 8 of the 1st season. How pathetic are we??? :oops: