Worst Songs From Great Artists

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Squeeze Box and My Ding-A-Ling hold special places in my heart because they were banned records in my childhood - wasn't allowed to listen to them - actually there are more than a few songs on that list that I don't mind.

One that should have been on there but isn't is (I Want To Fly Like) Superman by The Kinks.
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

What about "The Laughing Gnome" by Bowie ?
corruptio optimi pessima
Branst

Post by Branst »

That's one horrible list in my opinion. There are many great songs listed.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Yeah. I love How to be Dumb...one of my favourite EC songs of that period.
corruptio optimi pessima
King of Confidence

Post by King of Confidence »

<i>Someone Like You, Van Morrison: Van The Man's Have I Told You Lately is one of the most nakedly honest love songs ever written. So he decided to make it again! Unfortunately, it turned out to be this boring photo negative. Plus, they named an Ashley Judd movie after it, never a good sign.</i>

Someone Like You is from Poetic Champions Compose, which preceded Avalon Sunset, on which Have I Told You appears. My reaction to Have I told you was, at the time, pretty close to this guy's reaction to Someone Like You, and then Rod covered it and sealed the deal.

Can't quarrel with the Ashley Judd bit though, and there are some other pretty good (as in bad) picks on that list.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

I agree with you. That's a crap list, illustrated by the stupid inclusion of How To Be Dumb. For fuck's sake, that's from the same LP as Broken. Now really, which one should be consigned to the dustbin? Angie is a fantastic song, D'yer Mak'er is divine. What tosh.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more