The Worst Rock Stars Ever

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
martinfoyle

The Worst Rock Stars Ever

Post by martinfoyle »

Another list to get everyone pissed off. Puts the boot in on Bono, not a moment too soon.
http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2291
migdd

Post by migdd »

Strangly enough, Martin, this list didn't piss me off at all. I agree with it 100% and could've added a few names of my own. (But I won't. . .don't want to piss anybody off!) Fun reading!
clairequilty

Post by clairequilty »

When all is said and done, I would probably have to put Paul Mccartney at the top of the list.

And that is a hard reality to face, but he has really let us all down for 30 years or so.
clairequilty

Post by clairequilty »

I would also add Paul Westerberg to that list.

Soooo much lost potential there.
clairequilty

Post by clairequilty »

Also, as much as I hate to say it, Elliott Smith.

The world was cheated by his death. He is a FUCKER!

Even if he was murdered by his girlfrend, he should have been on guard.

He had a talent that comes round rarely. To have it cut short is a travesty. Shame on you, Mother Fucker.
migdd

Post by migdd »

Well, Mr. Foyle suggested this post might raise some people's blood pressure. Take it easy, claire. . .the valium's in the mail, bud!
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

clairequilty wrote:When all is said and done, I would probably have to put Paul Mccartney at the top of the list.

And that is a hard reality to face, but he has really let us all down for 30 years or so.
Flaming Pie is great, dude.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

clairequilty wrote:Also, as much as I hate to say it, Elliott Smith.

The world was cheated by his death. He is a FUCKER!

Even if he was murdered by his girlfrend, he should have been on guard.

He had a talent that comes round rarely. To have it cut short is a travesty. Shame on you, Mother Fucker.
Drug addiction is a disease, especially combined with depression. Let's enjoy the material he has left us and not be selfish.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Bob And Charlotte

Post by Bob And Charlotte »

this list is GREAT!!!

Axel should be on the top though... and Jim Morrison, Paul Simon and Sting definitely on the top 10!
Branst

Post by Branst »

clairequilty wrote:When all is said and done, I would probably have to put Paul Mccartney at the top of the list.

Disagreed. Paul has made some great music in the past 30 years. His last album Driving Rain wasn't exactly his best but it's still not bad. Paul still knows how to write good songs, some may say not as good but he still shows signs of brilliance here and there.
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

that list has a few problems. is jerry lee lewis a rock star?
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Alan: Oh, yeah. I like all the bands. I’ve got a broad taste, you know. From the britpop bands like UB40, Def Leppard, right back to classic rock, like Wings.

Ben: Who’s Wings?

Alan: They’re only the band the Beatles could have been!!

:lol: :lol: