Only Flame poll

Pretty self-explanatory

Which version of The Only Flame in Town should exist if it was the only Elvis song anyone would ever hear?

Original album version (with sax and Daryl Hall)
No votes
Original album version (with sax and Daryl Hall)
28%
Demo Version on GCW bonus disc
28%
Demo Version on GCW bonus disc
No votes
Live acoustic version on GCW bonus disc
25%
Live acoustic version on GCW bonus disc
No votes
Demo version on ATUB bonus disc
19%
Demo version on ATUB bonus disc
No votes

Total votes: 32

noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Ok, I'm getting on your nerves, but you can still be civil, right?
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

No.

Ummm.

Shut up!
:roll:
stormwarning

Post by stormwarning »

Well I thought I was simply making a general observation on the Soulseek phenomenon, being a Soulseek junkie myself (I've even downloaded from your good self WHAR), and along the way introducing just a little touch of irony on account of the participants in this thread.

In no way did I intend to suggest that you were some pathetic little wretch sitting alone in your room night after night, counting the seconds until your latest downloadable segment of the human experience completes. If that is how it was interpreted by you and by the other members of this board, then I am truly sorry.

God bless you WHAR.

Mr. SW
clairequilty

Post by clairequilty »

stormwarning wrote:
laughingcrow wrote:you seem like a bit of a britophile...you knew about Sean of the Dead, Ali G, The Streets.
It's official. 5000 years of British culture is now available on Soulseek.
Download it from the closited cosiness of your own room, while you still can.
It's also available on SOAPNet. Just get cable, a box of kleenex, and a VCR.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

WHAR,

If you honestly can't be civil, then you have no right to expect civility from anyone else. You can't complain that people take shots at you or that someone says something you find disagreeable (like the very mild Soulseek example above) if you lace your posts with expletives and directives for people to perform various sexual functions on themselves. Why should anyone treat you better than you treat them?

It's a double, I say, a double standard, son. Any of this getting through boy? (name that cartoon character for bonus points).
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Bath.......................arse? Is that it Noise, I think the fact that we speak in different accents might be a problem with my comprehension. Be less subtle!

I do a pubquiz every tuesday night in Glasgow, with accompanying 'hilarious' team name...one idea for last week was;

FOGHORN LEGHORN IS A GIANT COCK.

Which he is. :lol:
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Sorry.

Bubble bath. Bath to rhyme with laugh. The accent factor would be important, with both words ending in an 'f' sound. But it's not like I actually have the accent. I saw it in a movie a couple of years ago, along with some other good examples, and had to ask the good people of this board to decipher the rhyming slang for me.

Oh, and 5 points for laughingcrow for the correct guess on Foghorn Leghorn. Nice job.
--William Shakespeare
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

What film was that Noise? It wan't Snatch or Lock, Stock and 2 smoking barrels by any chance? 'Bubble' is widely used in those films as slang for a member of the greek community...i.e. bubble and squeak (which is mashed potatoes and sausages, I dont know why) - greek.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

It was either The Limey or Ocean's Eleven. Not sure. I saw them both around the same time, and they were both Stephen Soderberg films in which he had a prominent character or Cockney extraction (Terence Stamp was brilliant. Don Cheedle's worst...performance...ever). Anyway, it came up in there somewhere.

Didn't know it was commonly used to refer to Greeks. I assume it's a derogatory referrence? If so, I will refrain from using it.
--William Shakespeare
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

stormwarning wrote: In no way did I intend to suggest that you were some pathetic little wretch sitting alone in your room night after night, counting the seconds until your latest downloadable segment of the human experience completes. If that is how it was interpreted by you and by the other members of this board, then I am truly sorry.
Yes, that's exactly how I took it. Thanks for clearing it up.

Oh yeah, Noise