Your favorite cover art...

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Who Shot Sam?

Your favorite cover art...

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

I was just perusing the latest volumes of Andy Partridge's Fuzzy Warbles series and the terrific postage-stamp themed artwork (which you can see below) got me thnking about other great examples of cover art. Which are your favorites?

Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

WSS:

What the heck is the image on the cover of Waspstar - Apple Venus record? Looks like a cross-section of the vertebral column.

For some odd reason, I like the stark simplicity and ambiguous nature of that cover.
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Mr. Average wrote:WSS:

What the heck is the image on the cover of Waspstar - Apple Venus record? Looks like a cross-section of the vertebral column.

For some odd reason, I like the stark simplicity and ambiguous nature of that cover.
According to Andy, the Wasp Star cover art is a "solarized" version(whatever that means) of the peacock feather that features on Apple Venus, Vol. 1. There's a great feature on an XTC fan site where Andy talks about the cover art concepts for all of the XTC albums. You can see it here:

http://www.optimismsflames.com/1nonanim.html

Click on ""Big Box Of Paint" on the menu in the middle and it should take you there.
Last edited by Who Shot Sam? on Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
battered old bird

Post by battered old bird »

The FW artwork is impressive, I was hoping that 7 & 8 would have been out by now, I think it's been over a year since 5 & 6.

I love XTC's Go2 album (the one that explains the concept of album artwork, even if it was rejected by many people)
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

battered old bird wrote:The FW artwork is impressive, I was hoping that 7 & 8 would have been out by now, I think it's been over a year since 5 & 6.

I love XTC's Go2 album (the one that explains the concept of album artwork, even if it was rejected by many people)
In that XTC interview I posted, Andy says Vols. 7-8 will be the last ones. They should be out soon. Andy talks about the Go2 artwork in the link I provided above.
battered old bird

Post by battered old bird »

Thanks for the info.
Who Shot Sam? wrote: In that XTC interview I posted, Andy says Vols. 7-8 will be the last ones. They should be out soon. Andy talks about the Go2 artwork in the link I provided above.
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

I like this cover art!!

P.S BOB DYLAN MOVIE COMING SOON!!!
Preacher was a talkin' there's a sermon he gave,
He said every man's conscience is vile and depraved,
You cannot depend on it to be your guide
When it's you who must keep it satisfied