(no more) out of contract?

Pretty self-explanatory
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

There's always this angle in the same dress. She changed the shoes and appears to be sitting upright.

Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

A definite improvement!
alexv wrote:My line comes from "It's a Wonderful Life". There's a scene where young Jimmy is talking to a cab driver on the street, and the one sexy girl in town walks by wearing a sexy short skirt and shaking what her mama gave her. Jimmy and the cab driver stare, and the next line i think was the cab driver telling Jimmy, "That reminds me, I better check in on the wife". I'm pretty sure his wife did not look like the girl, but that to the cab driver, at that moment, it didn't really matter.
Nice allusion! Sorry I wasn't up to it.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
verena

Post by verena »

Ot. it's all right. And really, it doesn't matter.

Strangely, earlier today I was thinking of that movie and how I should unearth the VHS and see it again, before I finally purchase that DVD player I wanted to do without.
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

verena wrote:Ot. it's all right. And really, it doesn't matter.

Strangely, earlier today I was thinking of that movie and how I should unearth the VHS and see it again, before I finally purchase that DVD player I wanted to do without.
Nerdily enough, I was thinking of it as a good way to teach the third conditional. Of course, I would need some students first...
anjabro

Post by anjabro »

Actually, now that you mention the jawline, Does she look a bit like Nadia from Big Brother (UK)...?
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

Now see? The picture posted above of Ms Krall in an upright position, facing the camera is what she really looks like.....pretty drab looking, don't you think?
The pic on the Christmas cover is the sexy creation they want you to see....hair blowing back, legs spread, hiked up dress. She looks like she just did four guys and is exhausted.
So, sex sells.....duh! Even at Christmas. I wouldn't buy this just because of the cover. It's totally rude and inappropriate.

What you guys said is true, she's always posed all stretched out in slinky dresses and heels, head thrown back, etc......they're trying their darndest to make her look so sexy, and she's not. She doesn't look like that on stage or in real life. She's pretty plain. She looks like a horse.
I don't see what all the fuss is about. I really don't think she's all that.
Looks and talent both.
I'm not angry anymore....
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

miss buenos aires wrote:
verena wrote:Ot. it's all right. And really, it doesn't matter.

Nerdily enough, I was thinking of it as a good way to teach the third conditional. Of course, I would need some students first...
MBA, what is that you call 'the third conditional'?
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

SweetPear wrote:Now see? The picture posted above of Ms Krall in an upright position, facing the camera is what she really looks like.....pretty drab looking, don't you think?
The pic on the Christmas cover is the sexy creation they want you to see....hair blowing back, legs spread, hiked up dress.
Absolutely.
SweetPear wrote:...she's always posed all stretched out in slinky dresses and heels, head thrown back, etc......they're trying their darndest to make her look so sexy, and she's not. She doesn't look like that on stage or in real life. She's pretty plain. She looks like a horse.
I don't see what all the fuss is about. I really don't think she's all that.
Looks and talent both.
Is there a "bows before the mistress in a I Am Not Worthy" icon?
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Otis Westinghouse

bambooneedle wrote:MBA, what is that you call 'the third conditional'?
If you too had studied for an English language teaching qualification, you would have learned what the third conditional was.

If I told you that the second conditional had a fairly exact parallel in Spanish (give or take a bit of subjunctive), you would know exactly what I was talking about.

If you too read a book about grammar tonight, you'll know what the first conditional is if I ask you tomorrow.

If I try and think of a good example of the zero conditional, my mind goes blank.

Four conditionals for you, 'boo, though with rather more subordinate clauses than a student would welcome. I've spent 20 years making a living from such things, believe it or not.
Otis Westinghouse

Hey Sweet Pear, you've been pretty scarce. It's just as well that Elvis has (as far as we are aware, but VG may have inside info) no interest in reading this board!
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Otis, isn't there something like a "mixed conditional" as well ? (mixing third and second ?)

I mean, if 'Boo had studied for an English language teaching qualification, he wouldn't be asking this question now.
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Ok, thanks for helping me get what it is.
Otis Westinghouse

invisible Pole wrote:Otis, isn't there something like a "mixed conditional" as well ? (mixing third and second ?)

I mean, if 'Boo had studied for an English language teaching qualification, he wouldn't be asking this question now.
Good point.
Otis Westinghouse

Last edited by Otis Westinghouse on Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alexv

Post by alexv »

I'm sorry Sweet Pear, I was going to refrain from commenting on your "drab" comment, because I'd have to start with the jaw thing again, but I can't.

On the "jaw" I am compelled (why?) to point out that even though she's facing the camera she is artfully using her hand as a prop against which to place her massive structure thereby attempting to divert our attention from its hugeness. Basta with the Jaw!!

My real point is that I disagree with your drab assessment. I know the hair looks kind of greasy and unkempt, but to MOI the rest is luscious. Magnificent legs, beautiful eyes that we can still make out, an inviting bust line, and all adorned by that ravishing dress. I'm sold. Admittedly not as sexy as the "come hither and inspect me" previous pose, but definitely not drab in Alexv land.