Elvis Costello 10/15/05 Indianapolis Torrent

Post offers for legally distributable EC music, memorabilia, tickets, etc.
martinfoyle

Elvis Costello 10/15/05 Indianapolis Torrent

Post by martinfoyle »

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=71179

Elvis Costello (solo)
October 15, 2005
Clowes Hall
Butler University
Indianapolis IN

SOURCE (grider): dpa 4061 > batt box > d8 @ 48 (1st row balcony, DC)
PROCESSING (pedro): archive python DDS > dat2wav > soundforge 8.0 (fades, tracking, downsample) > flac 1.1.2

http://www.elviscostello.info/setlists/051015.php

1. (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes
2. 45
3. Rocking Horse Road/Wild Thing
4. Brilliant Mistake
5. I Hear A Melody
6. Veronica
7. Our Little Angel
8. River In Reverse
9. All This Useless Beauty
10.Everyday I Write The Book
11.New Amsterdam/You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
12.How Deep Is The Red
13.She Was No Good
14.She Handed Me A Mirror
15.Country Darkness
16.Needle Time
17.Alison
18.God's Comic
19.Radio Sweetheart/Jackie Wilson Said
20.(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding?
21.I Want You
22.Red Cotton
23.Mystery Dance
24.The Delivery Man/The Butcher's Boy
25.The Scarlet Tide
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Looks dead interesting. Recommended?
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
The Deliveryman

Post by The Deliveryman »

Don't know how the recording is yet, but I was at the show and it was a great one. I enjoyed the "Secret Songs" material a lot more in the solo arrangements -- they sounded like folk songs! And "River In Reverse" is incredible -- I'm hoping that's one of the songs he'll record with Allen Toussaint.
in a certain light, he looked like...
Otis Westinghouse

Excellent. It's sitting there on me desktop awaiting attention. At one point it had 69 peers on it! good to see lots of ECheads on Dimeadozen. I seem to have amassed heaps of downloads from this treasure trove and have only listened to a fraction. It's the hunter gene. The enjoyment is in tracking down that download and seeing it succumb fully. Time to sit down to the feast, though... Recent activities include Neil Young + Crazy Horse from '76, Wire in '79, and after about a month the Ron Sexsmith in Australia DVD finally come home to roost.
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

I'm hoping to sort out all my downloads soon as well. My room seems to be full of spindles of cdrs waiting to be either boxed or foldered, never mind listened to. It's a compulsion.
Btw, not meaning to be ungrateful to the uploader, this EC torrent does need a bit of editing by the downloader. 2 tracksplits were missed. On disc 1, track 6 consists of Melody and Veronica, while track 8 on disc 2 consists of Mystery Dance and Delivery Man. Also tracks 1 & 2 of disc 1 should be combined, similiarly tracks 1-3 on disc 2. No biggie, easy enough to do.
Otis Westinghouse

Thanks for the tips. I don't know how to split or combine tracks in iTunes, I have to confess!
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

Dont have a clue myself, either. I convert the tracks that need attention to WAV and then use tools like addawav, cdwave and wavtrim, all freeware, to do the editing.
Otis Westinghouse

With Martin as my inspiration and mentor, I, with my limited and clunky understanding of most things computer, managed to download a Mac-friendly audio editor freeware application called Audacity, and despite the typical first minutes of dread and panic that new software often induces, I was soon able to do all the things I needed to with this download, i.e. split one track into two, and also to merge two tracks as one (needed for God's Comic here), of which I was particularly proud!

Elsewhere I have a Neil Young concert all in one track, so can break that up into tracks. Good idea to come back to the software soon to stop me forgetting it all - it's a dead handy tool.

I converted the iTunes AIFF files to WAV and then back again, but don't really know if this is necessary. I've viewed AIFF as Mac iTunes standard as that was the default setting, but WAV seem to sound identical and take the same amount of space, so who knows?

Time for some well-earned rest...
Otis Westinghouse

martinfoyle wrote:I'm hoping to sort out all my downloads soon as well. My room seems to be full of spindles of cdrs waiting to be either boxed or foldered, never mind listened to. It's a compulsion.
Just encountered you on the Dylan Dublin thread and note that you have downloaded more than 10 times my total! I, however, have a 0.83 ratio of upload to download, whilst yours is a feckless 0.26! You have, however, donated, which I haven't done. I have to confess I wasn't aware that was set up. I think I'll have to in a generous moment - it's brought me so mucch joy (e.g. the fantastic show discussed above).
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

As long as you keep the ratio above .25 and throw them a few bob every month or so, say €10, they let you stay. Either way, my upload rate is so awful it would be nearly impossible for me to get it any better. Good to hear you've picked up some editing skills. Thats another of the great things about downloading these shows in compressed file, it provides all kinds of scope to tailor/fix them to your needs.
Otis Westinghouse

So have they threatened you with eviction? I ain't paid at all, but must do. I wish torrents would upload as quickly as they download - they never seem to, and so often get stuck. I got over-excited last night and started up 5 new ones - it's terrifying how much good stuff can go up in 48 hours. have yet to check out the Nico, Eno and John cale '74 gig. Never knew they combined, but what a prospect, and I haven't heard Janitor of Lunacy since Peel played it 25 years ago!
ReadyToHearTheWorst

Post by ReadyToHearTheWorst »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:I ain't paid at all, but must do.
There's no absolute here - if you feel you should then do so, but so long as your overall ratio stays above 0.25% you don't have to.
Otis Westinghouse wrote:I wish torrents would upload as quickly as they download - they never seem to, and so often get stuck.
Most broadband services in the UK (and elsewhere it seems) are out of balance, in that they allow more for download than they do for up. This is great in most cases, but not when you subscribe to a ratio maintaining Torrent service such as Dime. The rule has to be - upload for much longer than you download on any given Torrent.
"I'm the Rock and Roll Scrabble champion"
Otis Westinghouse

You've said that to me before, but on my Mac, at least, you have no control over it. There's no way in Bit Torrent, to my knowledge, of stopping or slowing the download. Once you've clicked 'start', it downloads and uploads until it says 'complete'. The frustrating thing is not the slower upload speed so much as the fact that they often stall for ages, days even, with no-one sharing them, and it gets very tempting just to clear them out. My upload was helped massively by the fact that it took me a month to download a Ron Sexsmith video (which I couldn't then play until RTHTW kindly pointed me in the direction of the right software!), but it was uploading a lot when my downloads were stalled, so that by the time I had all 3.8 gb, I had uploaded 4.5 or more.