Diana Krall works with Paul McCartney

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Diana Krall works with Paul McCartney

Post by sweetest punch »

http://www.musicrooms.net/rock-and-pop/ ... -hits.html

Paul McCartney to release pop hits

Sir Paul McCartney has recorded an album of pop standards.

The former Beatles star is releasing covers of the hits he listened to during his childhood. He has recorded around 12 songs and worked alongside Diana Krall - the wife of Elvis Costello - on the record.

The 68-year-old is excited at the prospect of collating all of his favourite songs onto one album, but is wary of being compared to Rod Stewart.

"It’s my dad’s style of music. I’ve wanted to do that kind of thing forever, since the Beatle days. But then Rod [Stewart] went mad on it. I thought, 'I have to wait so it doesn’t look like I’m trying to do a Rod,’” he told Rolling Stone magazine. “They’re just songs I admire, I’m trying to steer away from the obvious ones. It’s get-home-from-work music. You put it on and get a glass of wine."

Paul also revealed he will begin work on a “heavier rock” album. The legendary artist hopes to work with Foo Fighters front man Dave Grohl on the upcoming record. Dave famously recorded his most recent album, Wasting Light, in his garage.

"It sounds quite wacky, but it keeps it fresh. I love that – you get a crazy idea and go with it. You never know – I may run into a garage to make this other album. But it won't be in Dave's garage,” he joked.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Re: Diana Krall works with Paul McCartney

Post by sweetest punch »

Diana's official website confirms this: http://www.dianakrall.com/news_d.aspx?nid=2313
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Jeremy Dylan

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

The heavy rock record sounds cool. I'd love him to go all 'Run Devil Run', put together a supergroup and hammer it out in the studio with them. St. Pete Thomas on drums, PM on Bass of course, Dr. Steve Nieve on keys and maybe Jeff Beck on axe duties? Get Mark Ronson to produce.
migdd

Post by migdd »

Jeremy Dylan wrote:The heavy rock record sounds cool. I'd love him to go all 'Run Devil Run', put together a supergroup and hammer it out in the studio with them. St. Pete Thomas on drums, PM on Bass of course, Dr. Steve Nieve on keys and maybe Jeff Beck on axe duties? Get Mark Ronson to produce.
Absolutely! Maybe with T-Bone producing, though. And maybe Sonny Landreth on guitar with JB.
Jeremy Dylan

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

It depends what way they want to take it. With Ronson it would be a mod rock record, with T-Bone a more organic, bluesier rock record. For the latter, Landreth would be a marvelous choice as axeman.

Hell, why not make both records!

For that matter, I think Ronson would be an interesting pairing with EC and the Imposters.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Is this the standards album Paul has recorded with Diana's band? http://www.amazon.com/My-Valentine-Paul ... 634&sr=1-2
History History

Post by History History »

New Releases An upcoming ‘Valentine’ release from Sir Paul
Paul McCartney’s next studio album is expected to be released on Feb 6th 2012 and will be entitled My Valentine, after the St. Valentine’s Day holiday the following week.

Paul spoke with French radio station RTL, and described the new record as “old-fashioned”. He said: “This will sound like the years between 1920-1940, the time when my father was 20. These are songs I heard. My family, my uncles, everybody sang. And there will be pieces I wrote, but in this style. ”
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

An interesting choice on this!

Paul McCartney
My Valentine

Hear Music (Starbucks)

1 I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter 2:36
2 Home (When Shadows Fall) 4:04
3 It's Only a Paper Moon 2:35
4 More I Cannot Wish You 3:03
5 The Glory of Love 3:45
6 We Three (My Echo, My Shadow and Me) 3:22
7 Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive 2:31
8 My Valentine 3:14
9 Always 3:49
10 My Very Good Friend the Milkman 3:04
11 Bye Bye Blackbird 4:26
12 Get Yourself Another Fool 4:42
13 The Inch Worm 3:42
14 Only Our Hearts 4:21

12 Get Yourself Another Fool 4:42
A Charles Brown tune from the 1940s , the Sam Cooke cover from the 1960's was the inspiration for a 1984 version by Elvis .

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... other_Fool
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Good old Macca has this comment on Diana Krall.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/fea ... 38636.html

McCartney was one of the guests at Krall’s marriage to Elvis Costello and admired her albums, but he had not worked with her before Kisses On The Bottom . “She’s great. You have to take this the right way, she’s like a guy. I mean that as the highest form of compliment. She’s like a woman, but she thinks like a guy. She’s a musician. Gender doesn’t come into it. We would just kick things around. She would just throw in suggestions and finally we would light on something. She brought a lot to the album.”
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

She's like a guy - I bet she's pleased to hear that :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
scielle
Location: Berkeley, CA; London, UK; Montreal QC; Toronto ON; New York

Post by scielle »

There's a full stream of the album here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicbl ... tom-stream