Wake up you footy fans!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Watched Spurs live again today. Nice to see Lennon score - it was a cracker!

So so performance though. Dunno what it is we are lacking. On paper we have a really good squad with lots of fantastic players but we seem to be missing that spark........... :(
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Stunning Pompey result, although as they read out on the speakers at Old Trafford: 'West Ham reserves 2 Portsmouth 4'.

So what were you doing at OT?

Toottenham are poo, nah nah, nah nah nah.
signed with love and vicious kisses
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

:lol: :lol:

Looking at the fixtures to come, I still think the Arse will get 4th. Portsmouth away will be tough, but Villa at home is a nailed on 3-0 banker for a team like Arsenal. Spurs are away to Newcastle, which will be tough, but they should beat West Brom and Man City at home. Spurs have matches against Man Utd and Arsenal in April and may start to drop a few points. It would be a disappointment to lose out on 4th after so long in that position, but the gooners have hit form at the right time. If Henry stays fit, they could still push Liverpool for third I think.
corruptio optimi pessima
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Oh yea of little faith! I really think spurs can do it! And if they do SOLACK prepare to have your gooner hooter well and truely rubbed in it!! :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

so lacklustre wrote:So what were you doing at OT?
Present in spirit, if not in body.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Otis Westinghouse

Fulham, Fulham! Cracking! A mere twelve points separates us. So we win the next two home games, and Chelsea, er, lose at home to Man C, and it's 6. It can easily happen. Jose has lost it. He knows everyone hates him, he's bust up with Roman who screamed 'I fucking give you all da money in Russia and Barcelona still piss all over you!' and refused his request of a 5 more players to strengthen the squad, and Milan would be the best place for him, if they'll have him. Our time has come.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Fulham, Fulham! Cracking! A mere twelve points separates us. So we win the next two home games, and Chelsea, er, lose at home to Man C, and it's 6. It can easily happen. Jose has lost it. He knows everyone hates him, he's bust up with Roman who screamed 'I fucking give you all da money in Russia and Barcelona still piss all over you!' and refused his request of a 5 more players to strengthen the squad, and Milan would be the best place for him, if they'll have him. Our time has come.
...and then you woke up.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
oldhamer

Post by oldhamer »

Back in the real world, Latics continue their ascent into footballing marvellous with a 4-1 thumping at Bradford. Away. 2 points off 6th place. I believe "Get in" is the usual phrase in circumstances like this.
If there were a king of fools than I would wear that crown/And you can all die laughing/Because I'll wear it proudly.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Chelsea have def gone a bit stale recently. Spurs should have got a point at S.Bridge and the Fulham result was just waiting to happen. I guess its hard to stay focused when you get that far ahead.

As for the 'special one' - taking off two players after just 26 mins is downright weird behaviour. He picked the team, so he has to take the blame if he gets is so badly wrong.

I've just heard his post match interview. The guy can be sucha hypocrite. He moans about time wasting, when Peter Cech was timewasting after about 30 mins last week!
corruptio optimi pessima
Otis Westinghouse

Who are the real Latics, Wigan or Oldham?
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Never thought I'd see the day when I'd feel sorry for an ex-manc donkey like Steve Bruce. :(
corruptio optimi pessima
Otis Westinghouse

Poor Steve. He's a good sort. Brum were flying last season. He's been so unlucky. I love his nose. Shame Chelsea went through, but I hope someone pisses all over them in the semi or the final. At least they're looking like they could lose some more in the Prem. Barca have obviously given them a taste for it.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Poor Steve. He's a good sort. Brum were flying last season. He's been so unlucky. I love his nose. Shame Chelsea went through, but I hope someone pisses all over them in the semi or the final. At least they're looking like they could lose some more in the Prem. Barca have obviously given them a taste for it.
We'll win the FA Cup and League double then piss all over the MU Buccaneers in the Community Shield next season.

I hope Smushy Nose and his crew of losers get relegated. I'm amazed that he's still in a job.
Last edited by Who Shot Sam? on Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldhamer

Post by oldhamer »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Who are the real Latics, Wigan or Oldham?
Oldham. The name "Oldham Athletic" goes back to 1899. Wigan can only manage a pithy 1932. They stole our nickname. Scoundrels!

Wasn't Chelsea-Newcastle so BORING? Too much fighting...
If there were a king of fools than I would wear that crown/And you can all die laughing/Because I'll wear it proudly.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Bolton lost at Middlesborough

Great result for Spurs, Blackburn and Arse.

A great bit of comedy at the end with kevin Davies and Pogatetz (who is downright unstable!). :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
corruptio optimi pessima
Otis Westinghouse

Relief in FF terms to have no Henry playing. Allows my 3 MU players a chance to help me along in their double week, though Roon (my captain) has missed two sitters. Poor Bruce, at least the fans gave him a clap, in between taunting the Brum fans with 'You're going down'.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Am I the only person who doesn't think its all over? Utd are the form team. If they win the game in hand they go within 9 pts, with chelsea to play.

So 6pts is nothing really. I actually think Utd are a better team at this moment in time. Its just a question of whether Uts have left it too late.
corruptio optimi pessima
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Jackson Monk wrote:Am I the only person who doesn't think its all over? Utd are the form team. If they win the game in hand they go within 9 pts, with chelsea to play.

So 6pts is nothing really. I actually think Utd are a better team at this moment in time. Its just a question of whether Uts have left it too late.
I think it's too late for them to overtake Chelsea - everything needs to go right for them and we would really need to go into the tank. Could happen I suppose, but I can't see it. I know almost everybody but Chelsea supporters would like to see it happen, but it's a real longshot.

I agree that United look better than Chelsea do at present. The second goal they scored against Brum was especially good.
Otis Westinghouse

And the Roon got there in the end. 4th in the work league and it can only get better by Wednesday. If Chelsea didn't have some dispensation to play basketball-cum-football, we might have more of a look-in. I hope the FA take disciplinary action over Drogba. Why on earth don't they just get the cameras out for football and put us out of our misery? Who cares if it would slow things down? Justice now! Maybe if Howard Webb had seen Davies' brutal elbow in poor Pogatetz' face, he might have at least given him a yellow. And this is the same ref that sent Sun Ji Hai off for a non-contact arm-wave! Davies was out to maim.

Looking forward to Arse v Juve on Tues, and will smile either way. Apparently ITV4 is carrying Barca v Benfica, which is handy.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:And the Roon got there in the end. 4th in the work league and it can only get better by Wednesday. If Chelsea didn't have some dispensation to play basketball-cum-football, we might have more of a look-in. I hope the FA take disciplinary action over Drogba.
Bullshit Otis. He's not the first striker to have been awarded a goal when a ref has missed a hand ball. What's he supposed to do? Take the ball down the other end and score one for the opposition in the interests of fair play? We were 1-0 up at the time and Man City barely got a sniff at goal all day. The handball had nothing to do with the outcome of the match. And in the Fulham match it only worked to your favor. So how precisely have you been disadvantaged?

BTW, I can recall two very recent incidents where clear hand balls were not caught be referees, leading to goals - Gamst Pedersen for Blackburn and Robbie Keane for Spurs. Where was the outrage then?
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Keano!!....there's only one Keano!! :D 8)
corruptio optimi pessima
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Jackson Monk wrote:Keano!!....there's only one Keano!! :D 8)
Just picked him up for my (hopeless) fantasy team - and the move pays immediate dividends. Still an incredibly lame goal celebration though.
Otis Westinghouse

Who Shot Sam? wrote:BTW, I can recall two very recent incidents where clear hand balls were not caught be referees, leading to goals - Gamst Pedersen for Blackburn and Robbie Keane for Spurs. Where was the outrage then?
Did the perpetrators then go on record happily announcing that yes, they'd handled it? And then to admit to diving and retract it immediately. Are we to admire his honesty, or simply be alarmed at how thick he is? And did they igmnorantly indicate their arms in the same game for a legitimate goal that wasn't scored with the aid of an arm? For crying out loud! If it hadn't been given, Psycho's boys might have slipped one back. Camera evidence is the only answer.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Camera evidence is the only answer.
I agree. If we had cameras, Spurs would have beaten you last season when Carroll dug Mendes' goal out of the net then acted as if nothing had happened. I remember how outraged you were at the time.
Otis Westinghouse

At least he didn't go and admit it afterwards! I don't think you can blame players for hoping they'll get away with it. I do think you can blame refs for such obvious errors, and players for either having the arrogance to admit to things (e.g. Keano on Alf Inge Haaland) or the stupidity (Drogboy).