sweetest punch

New album with Diana??

Post by sweetest punch »

See:
http://thechronicleherald.ca/Entertainment/508304.html

(extract)
Katrina inspires collaboration
Genre-hopping Costello teams up with New Orleans soul man Toussaint

TORONTO — Elvis Costello is releasing a duets album this week — albeit not the one everyone is clamouring for.

Out today, the River in Reverse is an artistic collaboration with New Orleans soul guru Allen Toussaint, although Costello hints that an album with wife Diana Krall is also in the works.

It’s not the first time a tragic event has pushed Costello to collaborate on an album.

The death of Krall’s mother a few years ago prompted the release 2004’s The Girl in the Other Room, an album with a handful of co-written songs on it.

Costello says the pair, who divide their time between New York and Nanaimo, have since penned more songs together but aren’t quite ready to release them to the public.

"People ask us all the time ‘Are we ever going to make a record together or tour together?’ " said Costello. "There are different occasions for writing songs."

So when can music fans expect an album from the couple?

"Maybe in a few years time."
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
oldhamer

Post by oldhamer »

hmmm.....as long as they come up with a song better than "Broken" I suppose it'll be worth it.....
If there were a king of fools than I would wear that crown/And you can all die laughing/Because I'll wear it proudly.