Roskilde anyone?

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Chrille

Roskilde anyone?

Post by Chrille »

Just curious, is anyone else attending the Roskilde festival in Denmark this year?
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

No, just you.
signed with love and vicious kisses
Chrille

Post by Chrille »

Yes, most likely. If I can get a ticket.
VonOfterdingen

Post by VonOfterdingen »

Im going and got a ticket. Did you get one Chrille?
I'm not buying my share of souvenirs
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

VonOfterdingen wrote:Im going and got a ticket. Did you get one Chrille?
So...

so lack is wrong - again?
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Chrille

Post by Chrille »

V.O - Still looking for a ticket. But the problem is getting one at a good price rather than getting one at all. People are selling them for twice, but usually more, the price of the original.
VonOfterdingen

Post by VonOfterdingen »

Yeah i know. I saw a swedish website selling tickets for 4000 kr. Still a more than great program :)
Then there's the sunday ticket for 500 dkr. They are never sold out.
Raconterus, Artic Monkeys, Jenny Lewis, Franz Ferdinand, Strokes, Wolfmother and Roger Waters performing Dark Side of the Moon - they all play sunday
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:
VonOfterdingen wrote:Im going and got a ticket. Did you get one Chrille?
So...

so lack is wrong - again?
Was I wrong before?
signed with love and vicious kisses
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

So Lacklustre wrote:Was I wrong before?
You were born wrong.
Chrille

Post by Chrille »

V.O - I'm 90% certain I've got a ticket. I'll be leaving wednesday morning. Let me know if you want to have a beer sometime. Though I suppose that you won't be going alone either and it does seem like a strange thing to tell your friend "I'm going to meet up with a random guy from the internet!" :roll:
Mechanical Grace

Post by Mechanical Grace »

Hey now, there's nothin' random about all this! :)
VonOfterdingen

Post by VonOfterdingen »

By all means - that could be fun. Do you where your camp will be? Im in East - area m.

I went there today. So now the tent is ready, and i just gotta work two days before being very relaxed 6 days in a row :)
Chrille

Post by Chrille »

I have no idea where I'll be, but how can I reach you once I'm down there? I'll arrive on wednesday.

How's the weather? It's pouring like crazy up here which has me slightly worried.
VonOfterdingen

Post by VonOfterdingen »

http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/reg ... kbhnsj.htm

There's a fiveday forecast for Roskilde and from thursday it looks pretty good.

My phonenumber is 61638408 - you can always send me a text message. Or we will meet at the Bob Dylan concert - front row :D
Chrille

Post by Chrille »

I'm going through a forkin' stress nightmare 'bout this!

I'm going to Roskilde tomorrow, I bought second-hand tickets from a guy who'd changed his mind about going. He sent the tickets yesterday in time for them to be shipped here by today.

When I got home I was horrified when I found the mailbox empty! So I call the guy and he gives me a number he got from the postoffice to check where the tickets/package is online. I find out the ticket hasn't even been sent from shop!

So I call the guy who sold them, who in turn called the post-office who admitted the mistake and apologized, promising to send it today instead. Now I paniced because our bus leaves early tomorrow and the second ticket is meant to go to a friend who's leaving late.

My friend can pick up the tickets at the post-office instead of me, what I'm worried about is having to wait outside the festival-area until he arrives, which is late. My only hope is either finding a bus that leaves slightly later or for the tickets to arrive tomorrow before I leave.

I won't be able to relax about this all day! But I'm sure it'll work out somehow.

My number is: 738059532
I'll see you at the Dylan concert at least then as long as there isn't anything I'd rather see going on at the same time ;). I will see if I'm ambitious enough to get to the front row :lol: . But perhaps we can go there together.
Chrille

Post by Chrille »

I'm back from the festival. I clumsily forgot to save your number before going, V.O. I tried looking for a guy with beard and glasses at the Dylan concert (at least that's how I seem to recall you looking) but there were too many ;).

Was hard finding a spot for tents once we arrived but we found one eventually. If we go there again we'll probably try and arrive on sunday. I had a great time. Both during and between shows. Weather was great although I didn't quite enjoy freezing alot during the night and then waking up in a sauna.

Concerts seen:

Thursday:
Editors (last half of the concert) - Nice first impression! Might be getting the album.
Guns & Roses (30 minutes) - :lol:
Sigur Ros - I wasn't impressed this time either, saw them last year. I'm not a big fan but I couldn't see them doing much, if anything different from on the albums. To me it was like hearing a best of... album on playback played on a big stage with four guys standing frozen still.

Friday:
Babar Luck (missed a couple minutes) - Cute. Guy looked like one of the arabian characters in the Tintin albums. Played an acoustic guitar backed by a conga-player and a second vocalist.
Ba Cissoko (missed a couple minute) - African guy (I think). He and his band put on a excellent show. Fantastic first impression! I looked for an album at the festival but couldn't find anything.
Front 242 - I have a weak spot for these guys, the singers wear the same hilariously cheesy outfits with dark glasses that they did back in the 80's only this time it's old geezers doing ridiculous dances :lol: . I really enjoyed it.
Morrissey - Saw Morrissey for the first time earlier this year and loved it. This time he strangly didn't make an impression on me at all. The concert was barely an hour and he basically just played almost all of Ringleaders... which would've been nice had it been a great album (instead of just good (IMO)).
Bob Dylan - I thought this was going to end in disaster because of the young crowd, most likely expecting exact renderings of his greatest hits. But everyone around (and including) me seemed to be enjoying it alot. He played an almost entirely different setlist from when I saw him last fall.
Death Cab For Cutie - Excellent first impression! These guys were excellent live. Picked up their latest album (Plans).

Saturday:
Josh Rouse - Hadn't heard alot of positive things said about this guy performing live nor had I heard many of his songs. It was a nice show, and I liked the songs. Bought Nashville. Wasn't impressed by the performance though.
Tool - Fantastic! I'm not a big fan of them otherwise but they were a very nice experience to see live.

Sunday:
Coldcut (30 minutes) - Impressive! Not into this music normally but it was fun while it lasted. Had to go stand in line for the Ferdinand show.
Franz Ferdinand - I'd been looking forward to seeing FF for a while due to their reputation of being a great live act. One of the absolute highlights for me. These guys put on a incredibly good show.
Roger Waters - Felt incredibly good to hear the man play an excellent selection of songs live. Would've preferred hearing more of his own songs (the few he played were excellent) instead of the entire Dark Side of the Moon which wasn't too interesting. FF and this show made this evening the highlight for me.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

You missed the Arctic Monkeys. I think you would have enjoyed them.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Chrille

Post by Chrille »

There were many bands I missed. Would've wanted to see Primal Scream, Silver Jews etc.
VonOfterdingen

Post by VonOfterdingen »

Shame we didn't meet Chrille but nice to see you had a nice festival. As always I also think it was a great week. I saw some bands but never enough (mainly because i got access to a Tuborg-tent with free cold beers :))

Thursday:
Editors: only saw the first half cause I wasn't impressed. Seems like the second half was better

Guns n' Roses: Waited 2 hours for them to start and when Axl showed up he looked awful and out of place. Some good songs (a fantastic version of 'Nighttrain') but mostly the concert consisted of long jam-sessions from the band without Axl. Those who chose 'Clap your hands and sayyeah' made the right choice i guess. And I missed Deus because of G'n'r...

Friday:
Football was on so I didnt see any concert until Bob Dylan (30 min. of Martha Wainwright - pretty boring). Same setup as last time I saw him (3 years ago) but a still a good concert. Though he didnt seem to beware that there was an audience.

Walked by Scissor Sisters and got stuck. Not a bad show.

Saturday:
Drunk, stoned and in the front row for Primal Scream. It was another great show from them with Swastika Eyes and Kill All Hippies as highlights.

Phoenix: The best surprise on the festival. An impressive late night performence. I gotta get their albums now:)

Amplifier: goth-riffs a bit like Muse with some uninteresting singing in between (a bit like Muse too). Still a great way to spend a sunday morning

Sunday:
Changed my plan about Artic Monkeys (too many people, too hot) and waited patiently for the best concert of the festival, Jenny Lewis. And even better concert than 3 months ago in Copenhagen that left everybody very pleased. If you understand danish i wrote this review: http://gaffa.dk/anmeldelser/view.php/mreview_id=31859

The Raconteurs: Nice concert - a lot like the record. I was a bit wasted by now and i went home afterwards so i didnt see Roger Waters perform :(
Thats how it is for me the last day on the festival so i did see it coming.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

VonOfterdingen wrote:30 min. of Martha Wainwright - pretty boring
How come? She's fantastic live and utterly dramatic!
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
VonOfterdingen

Post by VonOfterdingen »

It was her and a guitar which is fine, but not in an open tent. You could almost her music from the other concerts at the same time, and the songs she played was very downbeat. People lost interest pretty fast. So not her fault but still too quiet a concert for the time and place.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

I see. I can imagine. Seeing her with a full band in a small venue was quite a different thing. Even so, she has such a good voice and stage presence that it's surprising that people weren't won over despite circumstances.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
VonOfterdingen

Post by VonOfterdingen »

A lot of people did like the concert it seemed but many lost interest. I can imagine her being very good with a band or at a smaller venue.
She joined her brother on stage later on.