Hi everyone

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
crash8_durham

Hi everyone

Post by crash8_durham »

Long time no see again. Crash here for those who remember. Sorry it's been so long again.

We sold the coffee shop that was the hell of my life to a franchisee. We still help develope the area but most of the anxiety causing problems are gone. Most.....

My daughter turned 16 which has replaced a few of the anxieties but all are well and healthy here. My mom still has cancer but is still doing okay for now. My grandfather died at 94. He was amazing. He was out mowing grass on his huge hill 3 weeks before he passed.

Not much else going on at the moment other than working non stop.

OH i did get to meet shatterproof and she is really cool. she came to the coffee shop for lunch and coffee over the summer. we had a nice afternoon.

I hope to be able to stick around this time and participate here. I missed it.

thanks
Mark
Mechanical Grace

Post by Mechanical Grace »

You know, I was just thinking about you the other day cause I caught part of Bull Durham on TV, and then again, because my son seems to be turning into quite the Liz Phair fan. Welcome back!

Sorry about your Mom; I've got some some of that in my immediate family right now too. Hope it's all recovery from here on out.

Signed,
The Poster Formerly Know as Mug
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

Hey Mark,

Nice to 'see' you back. My name is Mark, too. What a coincidence. How much did you take Starbucks for?

Mark
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

Hey Mark,

Nice to 'see' you back. My name is Mark, too. What a coincidence. How much did you take Starbucks for?

Mark
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

Its hard to take Starbucks for much. They are huge. But the good part is that they carved out the big niche. The franchise I am involved with is called the Daily Grind. They are out of Winchester VA. The really ironic thing is that I have intrest in a Starbucks competitor but I have a song that I wrote that will be sold in Starbucks.

thanks for the kind words about my mom. what she has is not something they can cure but they are treating it. So far not too bad
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Welcome back! Very glad to see you here.
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

Thank you. Its nice to be back. Im off to work but now I even have a lap top. So I get to check in now and then through out the day. How times have changed. I have almost entered the 20th century now.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Hi crash. Glad to see you back.

All my best to you and your mom as well. We never know what life will give us next, do we?

You're welcome to dump on us here anytime.
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

thanks spooky. I try not to dump on anyone. its nice to be back on her though. thanks for the kind words about my mom. that all helps. did I miss anything big?