Elvis at Macca classical concert, NY , Nov. 14 '06

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Elvis at Macca classical concert, NY , Nov. 14 '06

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11152006/ne ... peyser.htm

A CARNEGIE PAUL RECITAL

November 15, 2006 -- CLOSE your eyes, and it's 1964 all over again.

It makes sense that Paul McCartney - the ex-Beatle now dabbling in divorce and classical-music composition - should cause a panic at Carnegie Hall.

It was between these staid walls that Paul and the boys from Liverpool nearly caused a riot among teen girls 42 years ago. Last night, plenty of Hollywood aristocrats came out to make utter fools of themselves.

You could hear Paul coming long before he arrived.

"Paul!" a woman shrieked at the top of her lungs. "Paaaauullll!"

And then, Sir Paul walked through the hallway. Really, he clawed and jostled until two big bodyguards nearly knocked over an old lady to get him through.

In the way stars flock like lemmings to a cliff, lots of celebs showed to see the U.S. premiere of Paul's latest composition, called "Ecce Cor Meum" - Latin for "Behold My Heart."

Jump-start my heart is more like it.

Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward stepped out of a golden SUV with a huge stencil in the window announcing it was a "hybrid."

Paul is friends with Paul. "I'm looking forward to the experience," Paul N. said.

Jerry Seinfeld was there. Woody Harrelson. Alec Baldwin was there, as was Elvis Costello and Steve Buscemi.

And Linda Dana, 50, came from St. Louis - because she loves Paul.

But she's married.

"I could be single!" Linda said.

Paul walked tentatively to his seat in the first tier. And the yelling started. People kissed his cheeks. He stood up and waved to the auditorium like a conquering hero.

Then he sat next to a blond - an employee, I think - who looked like Heather Soon-To-Be-Ex McCartney. Except this blond had two legs.

"Ecce Cor Meum," I hate to report, was a mess - a mash of classical styles which never really built to any moment. I realized it was reaching a climax when the kettle drums broke into my coma.

At the end, Paul thanked everyone, then sneaked out. A single guy has to move.

andrea.peyser@nypost.com
hollyh

Post by hollyh »

Yeah, there I was, peering up at his box, thrilled to finally see Paul up close after being a fan for 40 years -- and then suddenly I realized that that was ELVIS in the box right behind him!!!!! The rest of the crowd was applauding for Paul, and I was yelling, "Elvis I love you!!!"