What are you drinking right now?

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
pophead2k

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by pophead2k »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:
Actually, could I also share the fact that I had some very good wines on my first ever visit to Austria last week? I've heard of the quality of Austrian wines. Since the great anti-freeze fiasco (they were sweetening wines to meet the heavy demand from Germany with it, or that's how they explained it to me), quality control has been very high, resulting in smaller output, but higher quality.
I just knew my Austrian wines weren't tasting as good to me anymore! :shock:
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Honey, that's why I stick with Ernest and Julio! :lol:
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

pophead2k wrote:I just knew my Austrian wines weren't tasting as good to me anymore! :shock:
:lol: :lol:

Actually, it's an anti-freeze additive rather than neat additive, so less helpful for drinking in extreme cold. Maybe you can get some on the black market.

Here's a nice map and info:

http://www.weimax.com/austria.htm
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

:D :D

I've had quite a number of nice wines from Austria. There is a producer there called Kracher that makes some incredible dessert wines. I used to have quite a few of them, but am now down to two bottles. My wine cabinet is looking a little bare lately. I got five really nice bottles of Italian wine from my boss as a gift, but I'm saving those for a special occasion. Then there is the two bottles of vintage port (one a magnum) that I've been saving for a very special occasion someday. The rest of it is straight off the bargain shelves.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick