Random Thoughts

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

miss buenos aires wrote:
1. Better posture.
2. See my friends more.
3. Go to the gym twice a week.
miss buenos aires wrote:
so lacklustre wrote:the rule is that you have to be able to break them within 3 weeks. let us know if you meet thiat criterium.
Done done and done. Happy?
Nope - just confused - but then this is only my third day back at work. Does this mean that you've broken your rule to have better posture, see your friends more and go to the gym twice a week or that you haven't?
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

miss buenos aires wrote:
so lacklustre wrote:the rule is that you have to be able to break them within 3 weeks. let us know if you meet thiat criterium.
me?
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

verbal gymnastics wrote:
miss buenos aires wrote:
1. Better posture.
2. See my friends more.
3. Go to the gym twice a week.
miss buenos aires wrote:
Nope - just confused - but then this is only my third day back at work. Does this mean that you've broken your rule to have better posture, see your friends more and go to the gym twice a week or that you haven't?
I've broken all my resolutions. I blame my boss for making me work late. And hunch over.
Mike Boom

Post by Mike Boom »

Qausimodo!
echos myron like a siren
with endurance like the liberty bell
and he tells you of the dreamers
but he's cracked up like the road
and he'd like to lift us up, but we're a very heavy load
verbal gymnastics

But MBA - surely you've still got time this week to keep to your resolutions. There's still two days left to get to the gym, there's still time for you to walk tall and there's still time to see your friends more (especially for a party girl such as yourself!).

There is, however, not enough time in the world left for So Lack to be happy :lol:
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

How the fuck is this a top story?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16470905/
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
verbal gymnastics

It isn't.

It's not exactly been highly rated.

But what a waste of column inches. What next - Paris Hilton in non-publicity seeking stunt?

"Paris Hilton called a press conference today to tell the press that she would not be seeking the press' attention. She followed this by giving the world's associated media a timetable of her forthcoming engagements in order that the press could respect her privacy."
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

total waste of DNA, all of 'em. at least black holes DO something.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
miss buenos aires

verbal gymnastics wrote:But MBA - surely you've still got time this week to keep to your resolutions. There's still two days left to get to the gym, there's still time for you to walk tall and there's still time to see your friends more (especially for a party girl such as yourself!).

There is, however, not enough time in the world left for So Lack to be happy :lol:
I didn't go to the gym. I tried to stand up straight, but didn't, really. I had brunch with a friend, but could have seen so many more people! (But I did see my supercute nephew...)
Mechanical Grace

Post by Mechanical Grace »

BlueChair wrote:How the fuck is this a top story?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16470905/
What, you were expecting something about the plight of America's working poor? On MSNBC, that IS a top story, or was for an hour or so. Consider the source, as they say.

And what a skank, may I add. That's some photo.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Yes, but the source was the Associated Press - which provides most news sources with their syndicated news stories.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

But the AP has an arts/lifestyle department in addition to its "hard news" beats. I suppose this falls under the "arts" category (barely). That photo IS vile. Like some Tim Burton movie character. Yeesh.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

I have spam from the Truth Bathroom.

Soooooooooooo tempted.
Mechanical Grace

AP is just a massive funnel-- it buys the rights to shitloads of stories of every caliber on the significance scale, and distributes the whole stream to shitloads of news 'sources'. Those 'sources' decide which stories constitute news.

I'm not defending AP-- if they have a market they're going to sell-- I'm dissing MSNBC for choosing to highlight it.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Headline of the day, from CNN.com...

"New Jersey eyed as source of stench"

No kidding! :wink: :wink:

Sorry MG - I couldn't resist.
Mechanical Grace

MBA and I are coming after ya for that.... when you least expect it.

*puts on motorcycle boots*
verbal gymnastics

It's actually stopped raining :)

But the winds are about 70mph. :(

I think people may have thought I was crying whilst I was walking along the High Street today. Alas it was just where the wind had made my eyes stream (it had nothing to do with the news about Mrs Spice leaving the country to go to the US. She should go now. I'll even pay her air fare).
miss buenos aires

Who Shot Sam? wrote:Headline of the day, from CNN.com...

"New Jersey eyed as source of stench"

No kidding! :wink: :wink:

Sorry MG - I couldn't resist.
Yeah, some people almost emailed that story to me... and then thought better of it.

We're coming after you!
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

I was thinking of running for President in the next election.

Well, it seems as though everyone else is throwing their hat in the ring today. :)
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Wouldn't it be fabuous to have Hillary after thickface? I find myself almost weeping with joy at the prospect of it, and I don't even live there.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Wouldn't it be fabuous to have Hillary after thickface? I find myself almost weeping with joy at the prospect of it, and I don't even live there.
I don't like her at all, but a corpse would be an improvement over GWB.
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Hillary is, in my opinion, an evil, power-mongering bitch who will sell out the integrity of the country I live in and the country I love. And the fact that someone could pull the lever in her favor is beyond belief to me.

If you accept the notion that Bush lied, then you cannot beleive that Hillary has gained power by ever, ever telling the truth. My God in heaven.

If she is elected, the negative impact on the UK, and Canada, will be tangible. Of course, I do beleive that the radical islamic fundamentalists of the Middle East, and peppered throughout my country and yours in covert cells just waiting to strike, will be thrilled to see her take the office that they will be easily able to crumble.
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

No thanks to the political ranting, but just let me say the negative impact on the UK of Bush's reign is immeasurable. It's totally, totally ruined the post-Conservative new era that we were all so optimistic about in 1997, with a leader that might have gone down quite well in history reducing himself to complete moron status by clinging to the coat-tails of the most ignorant US president imaginable. I feel ashamed to have voted for him with this as a result and pray that Gordon does something to get us away from this shameful farce, and that a Gordon/Hillary alliance can only be immensely appealing compared to the current nonsense.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
verbal gymnastics

Don't be so sure that Gordon Brown will be next Leader/Prime Minister. It also peeves me when people say what a good Chancellor he's been.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

why does my printer pick TODAY to have issues?