Back to where we left off (conversation killers...)

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

i LOVED Todd TV.

but otherwise, i try to stay completely away from reality tv. not always successful, as my interest in Todd Santos shows.
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

life is real enough for me, I try to stay away from reality tv. (rhyme completely unintentional)

I am on a mission. For the next 8 days I will not watch Law & Order in any incarnation. So far, I've watched a lot of Spongebob, soccer and snored into my book. I hate it when I drool and the ink rubs off on my face.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Can I just say for the record that I am addicted to the new Lime Diet Coke? There. I've said it. Diet Coke is absolutely foul but I can;t stop drinking it, and this just makes it worse...
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Some students made a clock for me.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

kids these days! if they're not killing kittens, they're making clocks for their teachers!
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

So, eh, what is in white chocolate, anyway?
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

stuff that makes me hurl.

hate white chocolate. NASTY stuff.
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Some thoughts:

White chocolate - good.

Lime Diet Coke - also good.

Three out of four kids out of town this weekend (the fourth with a huge novel to read in a week so she is very busy) - this is very good.

Going to a wine tasting tonight - this is really good.

Sleep past 5:15 am tomorrow - very very good.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Spooks, no one deserves good things more than you. Enjoy! (Though I must agree w/Poppet-- White Chocolate.... >gak<)
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

I'm going across town to visit my girlfriend. I'll have to catch the 5:40 Esplanade bus and then transfer to the streetcar on Canal Street. Perhaps I'll bring her some white chocolate.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Ready made sandwiches that you but in a little plastic pack are possibly the closest thing to mana from heaven as will ever exist on this planet.
Especially if you buy them from Pret a Manger.

Why don't we have lime cola in region 2 yet?...we have the lemon one...that's good. Also have the vanilla one...not so good, but at least it's not cream soda (which tastes like it's been micturated by beelzebub).
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

you say that, crow, and I'm picturing the vile things gas stations sell.

can you believe I broke up a fight between two grown (but fatally stupid) men--soccer hooligans--tonight? the real question is why.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Really? What...actual football hooligans? Where were you...do tell!
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

at a high school game. a parent fight, if you can believe it. one loud asshole managed to piss off everyone in a fifty yard range. this stupid jerk was calling our players S.O.B.s, the center ref a mother, etc. I asked him to please not speak that way where children (mine) were present--he told me he could talk any way he pleased. Ok, crazyman here, I thought. One questionable call later and one of our dads (grayheaded lion that he was) was all up in this dude's face. Stupid me, stupid them. I can't even say I was drunk, just stupid. But stuff like that pisses me off, and I just don't want it in front of my kids. Grown people are supposed to know how to behave. So I move toward these two guys, and some of their friends had joined, and summon up my Authorotative Voice which I can never manage to get with my kids unless there is some grave peril like an oncoming car--this is a game, I tell them. They disperse, hurling a few insults back and forth, but nothing R rated. Unfortunately, their team got in a last minute goal and tied the damn game back up. We go home without a badly needed win. have I rambled on enough? if this doesn't kill this thread, I will start in on my birthing stories!! tune in again, friends, same bat-time, same bat-channel.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

good for you....those idiots ruin youth football. Usually dad's who have never kicked a ball in their life giving bad advice to little boys...
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

exactly. only the boys aren't little. well, they are to me--I've been watching them play since they were 5 or 6. (only now they're shaving, driving and capable of any manner of mannish atrocities).
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

One of the most bizarre comments I've ever been paid was by my friend the other week...I was reading some Betjeman whilst listening to music lying on my bed in a hostel we were staying in, whilst my mate was on the phone to someone (thinking I couldn't hear him).

He described me as being ''a really lovely bloke, but really confusing. He's here, looking like a football hooligan, but lying on his bed reading poetry and listening to folk music''.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

laughingcrow wrote: He described me as being ''a really lovely bloke, but really confusing. He's here, looking like a football hooligan, but lying on his bed reading poetry and listening to folk music''.
Ahhh, if only you were 15 years older and on the right continent... :twisted:
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

:oops: Aww shucks.....very kind.
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

I gave blood yesterday; it made me feel lightheaded and self-righteous. I love the little drop-shaped pins they give you. I want to give blood as often as I can, so that I can make a little design on my clothes with the pins. I know that you can take more than one pin at a time, but that seems like cheating.
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

Running errands with my 2-year-old, not so articulate son. We are stopped at a red light, and I hear from the back seat, "Mommy, asshole, see, asshole!" Well, several confused seconds passed, wondering where he could have picked that up, and to what he could possibly have been referring, when I realized we were stopped in front of a Gothic church. Looks a lot like a CASTLE....
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

:D MissBA, that's your right to feel self-righteous you were excercising over those non-flocculant fools. Good on yer girl! I take it you haven't had a tattoo done for a few years then? :D
Tim(e)

Post by Tim(e) »

laughingcrow wrote:Why don't we have lime cola in region 2 yet?...
Region 2??!!?? Don't tell me that the film studios have finally managed to take over the world.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Na, I just like saying that in mock-protest against the MNCs that ARE taking over the world!

Orwell was wrong...instead of air-strip one, we're gonna be region 2. :lol:
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

My first child was three weeks late. I'm still waiting on him.