ABC, Brisbane Radio interview.

Pretty self-explanatory
Sour Milk Cow

Post by Sour Milk Cow »

verbal gymnastics wrote:I've said it before, Elvis will never give a toss about the media. He knows he's got a loyal fan base in the UK.
Elvis seems to care very much about what the media thinks-- at least enough to threaten to never tour the UK again based on the harsh words of a dozen or so professional critics. Hopefully, he's just venting some frustration and will get over it very quickly. But the last time he threatened to retire, it was six years before we got a true "Elvis Costello" record. (I'm not really counting the collaborations and guest appearances-- I doubt he will ever stop showing up on other people's records, or teaming up with other legends to make records.)
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Yeah.. it's a weird paradox. On one hand, Elvis does what he does for himself, and doesn't care about the media. But at the same time he ends up using the media as a fair representation of his audience.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.