Celebrities you would rather not admit to liking

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

laughingcrow wrote:What's the name of that Irish one on TV over here? He's also a bit godlike!
Terry Wogan? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

spooky girlfriend wrote:Poppet, I have the box set from about ten years ago!
uh, spooky? having the box set is even more pathetic than me. 'cause that means you bought it after manilow's heyday.

i don't need no stinkin' box set. i have everything on vinyl.

(and no record player. woe is me.)

i luvs ya anyway. :)
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

It was a gift from my ex-husband, well, I was married to him at the time.

And I was pregnant and an emotional wreck. It seemed to fit. :wink:

At least it's all out in the open now.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

ooooh, i can see why he might be the ex now. :lol:
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Terry Wogan is the ultimate Irishman...he'd take Roy Keane to the cleaners...wots that painter guys name??? Agghghhghghgh!

I bet the Foyles know! They're certified geniuses...Come on boys, don't let me down now.
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

laughingcrow wrote:Terry Wogan is the ultimate Irishman...he'd take Roy Keane to the cleaners...wots that painter guys name??? Agghghhghghgh!

I bet the Foyles know! They're certified geniuses...Come on boys, don't let me down now.
Is it this guy?
http://indigo.ie/~swebb/Master.html

-Kenneth Webb ,RWA, FRSA, is one of Ireland's leading artists, with paintings in collections world-wide. Until 1959, he was head of the painting school in the Ulster College of Art, and then resigned to found the Irish School of Landscape Painting. He has lectured for the extra-mural department for the Queens University, and at the Victoria and Albert Museum, and the Tate Gallery. As early as the 60's, he was at the forefront of Art Tutoring and demonstrated live, for the first "learn to paint" programme on Irish TV. He has continued to demonstrate in all media and still keeps this active demonstration as major part of his teaching methods.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

I found him today having a paint on TV...he's none other than Frank Clarke, self-proclaimed 'world's leading TV artist'

http://www.simplypainting.com/

Jackson Doofster

Post by Jackson Doofster »

Robbie Williams - who has made some half good albums.

Frankie Valli - wot a voice!
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

El Vez, you are amongst friends . . . now confess!
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Okay, before I completely step out of the confessional booth and get my penance, I have to say one more thing about Manilow. Of all the sappy songs he ever did, I have one that I still play occasionally called "When October Goes," which he recorded in 1984. Seems as though Johnny Mercer's widow gave him some of the lyrics that were written by him before he died, and Manilow put this one to music. This song has also been done by Monica Mancini and Diane Schuur recently. It reminds me somewhat of the North style of music that Elvis just did. It has that "fall" feel to it and I seldom see the first of November each year without playing this song just once.

So, in summary, that is one really great song.

And that's all I've got to say about that. :wink:

Now, ElVez, it's time . . . . . .
verbal gymnastics

spooky girlfriend wrote:I have to say one more thing about Manilow... It reminds me somewhat of the North style of music that Elvis just did. It has that "fall" feel to it and I seldom see the first of November each year without playing this song just once.
Sorry Spooky, don't try and justify it by comparing it to Elvis! It won't wash here!

The ONLY good version of a Manilow song is by the one and only Mr Homer Simpson to Mandy which he sang to Mindy Simmonds:

"Oh Mindy, you came and you gave without flaking,
But I sent you Ben Gay.
Oh Andy, you kissed me and stopped me from something" -

and those three lines are about the tolerable level!
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

''Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl, with bananas in her hair and a skirt right up to there'' :D

I'd love to hear EC sing this in a soulful North way.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Verbal, I didn't compare all of his music to Elvis, just the style of one song. Besides, this is confession and everything is safe here. Right? :roll:

I used to like you, Verbal. :x
verbal gymnastics

spooky girlfriend wrote:Verbal, I didn't compare all of his music to Elvis, just the style of one song. Besides, this is confession and everything is safe here. Right? :roll:
I didn't say you were. And of course your secret's safe with me. Just don't look at any of those local billboards or watch the local evening news!
spooky girlfriend wrote:I used to like you, Verbal. :x
Sorry, I take it back. :wink:
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Okay. Sorry, Verbal. :wink:

It's just that it's only 10:00 am here and I'm already having a long day. Maybe I need more coffee.

Or maybe it's not too early to start drinking. 8)
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I'm set to be up until 5 AM tonight so I forfeited school today so I could sleep in for an extra 3 or 4 hours. :P
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Oooh, Mr. Chair is going to be dressing as a school-skipping student today for Halloween! :wink:
Smallfaces1

oh the shame!

Post by Smallfaces1 »

OK you may want slap me but i'm fixated on Avril Lavigne! I Know I know but i just fancy the pants off her and some of her songs are ok really if you give them a chance!

Have i been ejected from the board? will you all turn your back on me? I'm sorry.
"Do you remember rick astley? he had a big fat hit it was ghastly, he said i'm never gonna give you up or let you down, well i'm here to tell you that dick's a clown"
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Go to the Poplovers Anonymous confessional my friend, and your sins will be cleansed.

Amen.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

SMALLFACES1: Nope you are not a nutter - although I dont fancy the pants off her as im not a lesbian I do think her music is pretty damn cool! :D
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Gelly beanz...that wouldn't make you a lesbian...all women should explore the fluid sexuality that exists in all people..... :lol:
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

Susan Lucci, Larry Hagman, John Stamos (or, as I like to call him, Blacky), Oprah, Carrot Top, Tiny Tim

:D :D How's that list for you!!
Last edited by ice nine on Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

COPE: Ewwww.....with a woman i'd rather not ta very much! Mind you my partner says hes a lesbian trapped in a mans body!! :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Jelly...I dig lesbians...they're cool...my girlfriend is bisexual! ha ha ha...
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

ice nine, it does not surprize me that you like carrot top. i hate to tell you this, but tiny tim is deceased. :cry: emoticon emoticon
I'm not concerned about the very poor.