Cait O`Riordan , Elvis`2nd wife , returns.

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

According to this, Cait will be part of the Pogues again when they play Dublin this Christmas.
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

I wonder if Elvis will be attending?
(I'd love to see the bitch fight between Riordan and Krall and Elvis eating popcorn in some corner)
Preacher was a talkin' there's a sermon he gave,
He said every man's conscience is vile and depraved,
You cannot depend on it to be your guide
When it's you who must keep it satisfied
migdd

Post by migdd »

nice
verena

Post by verena »

:x

What am I going to do with yourself, E.H ?

You can be so obnoxious. And I still like you ! :roll:
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

http://www.whelanslive.com/blurb.asp?id=304
Tribute to Lennon/McCartney

Lennon/McCartney Tribute at Whelan’s Monday 28th November.

Republic of Loose, Emm Gryner, Joe Chester, Mark Geary, Ann Scott, Cait O’Riordan & the Slovak Dulcimer Ensemble plus guests: play tribute to the songs of Lennon and McCartney to mark the 25th anniversary of the death of John Lennon.

These listed artists and some yet to be announced special guests will each sing their favourite Lennon McCartney songs for charity.

The proceeds of the night go to Scarlett to set up a mobile information service for the homeless and emotionally deprived in Dublin.

Doors 8PM

Admission Euro 18.50

Tickets direct from Whelan’s or at WAV TICKET BOX 1890 2000 78
The lovely girl at the WAV TICKET BOX tells me there are loads of tickets still availble

http://www.terryglassartsfestival.ie/performers.php
Slovak Dulcimer Ensemble

The Slovak Dulcimer Ensemble are a group of young professional Slovak musicians. The dulcimer is a traditional musical instrument used particularly in Central and Eastern Europe , and is typical of folk style. Based in Dublin all members have worked with professional ensembles and visited many countries playing diverse styles of music. With a repertoire including classical, folk, musicals, jazz, opuses of world-famous composers such as Strauss, Vivaldi, Mozart as well as the popular pieces of Sinatra, The Beatles and Elvis Presley, visit every corner of the world from Europe to America to Asia with the Slovak Dulcimer Ensemble.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Oh - I missed it.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?