Bono the Pig

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Rip off!! :roll:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Unfortunately, U2 and bands like them will go on charging more and more for their tours. Why? Because enough of their fans are willing to pay any price to see them live.

Until people start boycotting these ridiculous ticket prices, the concertgoer is just going to continue to be taken advantage of.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

YEAH BOYCOTT! don't boycott your local businessman as suggested in another thread..boycott BONO!
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Blue is right, a free market economy will maintain whatever prices the consumers are willing to bear. Having said that, I think we all need to disabuse ourselves of the notion that rock and roll at that level, while oftetimes played and recorded very passionately and with great artistic merit, is, indeed, a business. Rock and roll is not a free commodity, and I don't understand why any of us feels we should have the 'right' to inexpensive music.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

It depends on what you mean by inexpensive music. I don't have problems in buying CDs. I do object and find it hard to justify how, even given the concert and associated costs, U2 can justify charging so much for their tickets. And then there's the T shirts, programmes etc (which I accept people don't have to buy).

What's as bad is that eBay have people selling them already for well upwards of £150 per ticket.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Merchandising brings up a good point.

For $100 a ticket, they should throw in the bloody t-shirt. Didn't Prince or someone give away a copy of his CD to everyone at his last concert tour?
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

I'm happy to be paying $50 to see Elvis play his ass off at the Ryman - and I know he will - plus the hellish $9.50 ticketbastard fees. But it IS Elvis, and I know I will more than get my money's worth.

Plus I get to see Oily again. :wink:
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

make certain you bring doc so he can give me tips on disciplining kids. :)
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Imagine what the touts would be charging as well!

You'd better be hoping they're not playing while sick! :lol:
cosmos

Post by cosmos »

BlueChair wrote:Merchandising brings up a good point.

For $100 a ticket, they should throw in the bloody t-shirt. Didn't Prince or someone give away a copy of his CD to everyone at his last concert tour?
Yes Blue, Prince gave away copies of his new cd at his show. The cost of the cd was included in the ticket prices. He had a concert simulcast in a bunch of different cities on theaters, and even THOSE people were given a copy of the cd. He says he's wanted to do that for many years, but the labels wouldn't let him. Great idea!
King Hoarse

Post by King Hoarse »

I don't know about the new tour, but at least U2 used to be four guys and a HUGE stage set with incredible lights etc. which must cost a lot to drag around. Last time Neil Young played here he was solo and didn't bring a stage set, lights or anything. He could've travelled in his hearse as far as I could tell. And no tickerts were less than $160 for that show. But I'd boycott U2 too.
What this world needs is more silly men.