Happy Birthday Verbal!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

selfmademug wrote:May I just add that-- although we have no way of checking-- I suspect VG has the fewest typos of anyone on the board?
We do have a way of checking, but I don't think anyone is OCD enough for the task.

Happy birthday!
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

How long have you got? If I didn't have to go to work tomorrow, I would very happily spend a whole day establishing conclusive evidence of typos per thousand words typed. I sure as hell wouldn't get it. Can't touch type and am too used to relying on spell-check in all programmes except this one, and spend too much of my professional life obsessing over the accuracy of text to get too hungup strungup here about it. And I am a much better hard copy than screen checker. True, though, Verb is very well-behaved in this respect. Actually, I think the quality of the proofreading from the seasoned posters here (at least!) is pretty darned impressive.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more