Wake up you footy fans!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:
Jackson Monk wrote:I have never ever wanted Man Utd to win the treble so badly...please let it happen. This is not out of bitterness as Utd have recently ripped us to shreds. It's because they play football the way is should be played.
Sounds about right to me!
I think I just threw up in my mouth.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:Yeah, that's exactly what I'm advocating. Give me a farking break. You're just being childish. :roll:

What would your reaction have been if that fan went after Lampard with a knife? Ever heard of Monica Seles? he knew he could get hurt when he went out there and was lucky he didn't get injured worse than he did.

The idea that this is all Chelsea's fault is absolute bullshit, sorry.
At no stage have I said that the behaviour of that fan was acceptable. I think what he did was a disgrace.

I just think your club are an evil empire filled with arrogant wankers that are ruining British football. Nothing personal.
corruptio optimi pessima
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

New avatar is just for you. Sweet dreams.

Love,

The Evil Empire
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:I think I just threw up in my mouth.
Strange place to throw up! Be careful, or you might 'do a Hendrix'.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:New avatar is just for you. Sweet dreams.

Love,

The Evil Empire
First time I've seen a picture of him upright!!
corruptio optimi pessima
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I'm just waiting for The Evil Empire to strike back! :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Fishfinger king

Post by Fishfinger king »

Jackson Monk wrote:
I have never ever wanted Man Utd to win the treble so badly...please let it happen. This is not out of bitterness as Utd have recently ripped us to shreds. It's because they play football the way is should be played.
So that means you must want Arsenal to win the treble next season?

No bitterness intended, but if Tottenham and Chelsea players and officials were treated the same as ours, you would both have hefty bans rather than zero. I'm half expecting Adebayor's ban to be increased as a result.

And if Ljungberg and Aliadiere were awarded penalties for the same amount of contact young Cristiano receives to get one, then we'd have beaten Blackburn comfortably.

(Please note the complete lack of bitterness)
Can't you see I'm trying to change this water to wine
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Fishfinger king wrote:
Jackson Monk wrote:
I have never ever wanted Man Utd to win the treble so badly...please let it happen. This is not out of bitterness as Utd have recently ripped us to shreds. It's because they play football the way is should be played.
So that means you must want Arsenal to win the treble next season?

No bitterness intended, but if Tottenham and Chelsea players and officials were treated the same as ours, you would both have hefty bans rather than zero. I'm half expecting Adebayor's ban to be increased as a result.

And if Ljungberg and Aliadiere were awarded penalties for the same amount of contact young Cristiano receives to get one, then we'd have beaten Blackburn comfortably.

(Please note the complete lack of bitterness)
I agree with a lot of this (but not the bit about Arse winning the treble).

I think some action should have been taken against both clubs for Monday night's fracas. Arse may well feel hard done by, but having said that, if you decide to be a smelly gooner, then you get what's coming to you in my book :P
corruptio optimi pessima
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Article from the London Press that says it all:

"It was all set for a thrilling last ten minutes until Chelsea brought out the methods which do nothing to endear them to anyone. While Manchester United play thrilling attacking football, with their aim to outplay the opposition (with Ronaldo's antics one of the few draw-backs), Mourinho's men employ the same ways that Porto used against Celtic in the 2004 UEFA Cup final, which brought wide-spread condemnation.

Feigning injury, time-wasting, harassing the referee and intimidation of the opposition players. They are a good enough team not to have to do that and while it might be a back-handed compliment to Tottenham that they felt they had to kill off the game in this manner, they will win few friends outside SW25 and the chants of "Next year you'll be supporting Man U" to their fans might not be too far off the mark."
corruptio optimi pessima
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

SW25? Didn't realize we were so popular in Croydon. At least the article is well-researched. :roll:

Reads like something off a Spurs fan site.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :cry:

I've been a fan of a team of losers since 1970 (with one or two exceptional years). I'd rather that be the case than be a bandwagon fan of a team of cheating billionnaire winners since 2003. :P

Glory glory Tottenham Hotspur....one day....maybe.
corruptio optimi pessima
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Don't worry. If Roman doesn't pull his finger out and come to some sort of agreement with Mourinho, I don't like our chances of getting the title back next season. You and all the other haters can go back to despising ManU and I can re-acquaint myself with losing away at Bradford City.

You never know how good you've had it until it's gone.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Nah...never bought into the 'Mourinho is God' rubbish - he's a self publicist IMHO. If Kenny Dalglish could win the title with Blackburn (with a pittance compared to Mourinho), then imagine what someone like Hiddink or Wenger could do with that amount of money?

Personally I think Hiddink is your man. Whoever it is, you'll be winning plenty more for many years to come methinks.

As for your other point....Arse will always be my first hate......Utd share third with Blyth Spartans.
corruptio optimi pessima
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Jackson Monk wrote:Personally I think Hiddink is your man. Whoever it is, you'll be winning plenty more for many years to come methinks.
Hiddink is a mercenary. He's great at taking young national programs and making them perform. I'm less convinced that he's a great club manager. Mourinho is an excellent manager and has won things everywhere he's been, long before he had a lot of money to spend. We may be able to find someone who is able to instill more "attractive" football, but I can't imagine that we'll find a manager who is more of a winner. I'd rather win ugly from time to time than lose while putting on a display.

I think that, more than anything, Abramovich wants a friendlier face for the club. Someone has him drinking the "branding" Kool-Aid, thinking that if we play attractive football and dominate Europe in style we're going to be loved by everyone. On the contrary, I think that as long as CFC continue to be bankrolled by Abramovich the club will be hated. It has little, if anything, to do with the style of football we play or Mourinho's personality, and more to do with the fact that we are considered a bunch of spoiled billionaires. How is Hiddink or any other manager going to change that?

If Jose does go, the one guy I absolutely do not want to see at the Bridge is that asshole Rijkaard.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Almost all managers are mercenary. I doubt Jose would be at Chelsea if Ken Bates was still in charge. MJ would be out of Spurs like a light if the right offer came along. Why is Hiddink any different?

Mourinho did a great job at Porto, where there are really only 2 clubs + occasional challenges from Sporting Lisbon. It is generally accepted that he got very lucky in winning the Champs League - only Man Utd's arrogance stoped them exiting the competion much earlier.

I truly believe that any premiership manager would do as well with all those millions....ok maybe not Glenn Roeder.

Paul Jewell, Sam Alladyce or Robbie Williams could win the title with the money Jose has spent (Tiago Mendes (£10million) and Mateja Kezman (£6 million) included). Who else could or would pay £19 million for Ricardo Carvalho or £13 million for Paulo Ferreira. Solid players I grant you but nobody else can afford to risk that money on solid, uninspiring players who 'do a job'.

For all the special one bollocks, he has some way to go before he matches Ferguson's record or demostrates the same unbelievable resilience.
corruptio optimi pessima
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Here's a picture of me and my pal Otis playing in the park. I'm the bald boring one and he's much more fun at parties:

corruptio optimi pessima
Otis Westinghouse

And I like screwing. (hic)
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Jackson Monk wrote:Who else could or would pay £19 million for Ricardo Carvalho
I would - easily. One of our 3 best players this season IMO.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Rumours abound on the web today that Lippi is to be the new boss.
corruptio optimi pessima
verbal gymnastics

Otis/Jackson - Have I missed out on a Board party or one of your vol-au-vent parties?

I'm upset - I always invite you to London!
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

verbal gymnastics wrote:Otis/Jackson - Have I missed out on a Board party or one of your vol-au-vent parties?

I'm upset - I always invite you to London!
Utd fans only mate..... :wink:
corruptio optimi pessima
verbal gymnastics

Well I am a Man U supporter now.

In 1992 I supported Man U for a couple of seasons and then fancied a change so I picked a team out of the hat which, would you believe, was Blackburn rovers.

I thought that was a bit mercenary so I switched my allegiance back to Man U.

Anyway in 1998 I wanted to follow a London team so I supported Arsenal but then I felt guilty at the end of that season and supported my beloved Man U for 3 seasons. I got fed up with that so in 2001 I followed Arsenal again and then typically I had to return to my first love Man U.

Guilt followed me again and so I supported Arsenal which turned out to be our unbeaten season. How cool was that?

But then I fancied a change and having had an Elvis resurgence I decided I did want to go to Chelsea so I supported them for a couple of years.

Anyway I felt too guilty and am now a Man U supporter again.

So can I be invited to your party?
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

No...sorry mate....if we invite you on that basis, we'll have 25'000 Chelsea fans wanting to come with you! :lol:
corruptio optimi pessima
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Jackson Monk wrote:No...sorry mate....if we invite you on that basis, we'll have 25'000 Chelsea fans wanting to come with you! :lol:
Nah, we'll all become Spurs supporters.

As for the manager rumors, I think I've heard the name of every manager in Europe mentioned as in the frame for the job (assuming it's open). How about the return of a lovable loser like Clownio? We'd be popular with the hacks again.
Otis Westinghouse

Or Kevin Keegan.