Wake up you footy fans!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:How do you figure? Sure, Valencia have an away goal but I thought we acquitted ourselves well this evening and could easily have won it. We have it all to play for at 1-1.
I was just trying to make myself feel happier! Still, 1-0 at home seems less demanding than 2-2 or victory away.

Poor Scholes. It's as if he doesn't understand he's not menat to do that. Apparently the one that got him sent off was entirely unnecessary anyway. I don't think he's malicious, just utterly stupid about his timing and approach.

Exclaiming doesn't = taking joy. I was marvelling at it as an impressive achievement, especially given Arse's fortunes against them. In any case, as a non-local, I feel no need to dislike Liverpool more than any other team just because it's a silly local rivalry (I'm much happier hating London clubs!). I like Rafa and will be more than happy if L'pool do well again this year, as long as they don't put us out! the second half of the '05 final was one of the greatest comebacks ever and I was screaming for them to do it to the end. Definitely of the school that would rather see any English club performing well in Europe over another country's team. It's good for our status and national psyche, and might just help the English players involved get more of a taste for silver in international competitions!
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

I still reckon it will be a Liverpool v Manure final.
corruptio optimi pessima
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Ahem. Starting to hear footsteps Otis?
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

I've twice had a play on the excellent 'Predictor' toy on the BBC Sport website. I still think Man Utd will win the title comfortably - about 5 pts. I just think Chelsea have tougher fixures in the run in.

Whoever wins it, its great to see an exciting end to the season in terms of the title, european places and relegation. It's been some time since it's been this good. Bolton could still nick a champs league placce from the freefalling Gooners. How cool would that be?!!! 8)
corruptio optimi pessima
Otis Westinghouse

No comment.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Jackson Monk wrote:I've twice had a play on the excellent 'Predictor' toy on the BBC Sport website. I still think Man Utd will win the title comfortably - about 5 pts. I just think Chelsea have tougher fixures in the run in.

Whoever wins it, its great to see an exciting end to the season in terms of the title, european places and relegation. It's been some time since it's been this good. Bolton could still nick a champs league placce from the freefalling Gooners. How cool would that be?!!! 8)
I'd agree with that. You still have to favor ManU. But it's getting interesting. they have two fairly easy home matches before they have an away match, while we have two fairly tricky away fixtures. If we're still 3 points back after that, it could get very exciting, with ManU playing 3 of their final 4 fixtures away, including Man City, Everton and at Stamford Bridge.
Otis Westinghouse

I can see Ferdinand losing it for us! Maybe goal difference will make the difference. Kalou has a lot to answer for.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:I can see Ferdinand losing it for us! Maybe goal difference will make the difference. Kalou has a lot to answer for.
The loss of Vidic cannot be underestimated. I thought the second Pompey goal was more Van der Sar's fault than it was Rio's.
Otis Westinghouse

Fortunately I didn't see any of the 'highlights'. Just a hilarious (for you lot) photo of the blurred backs of Cristiano and Wayno as they glared in the direction of hapless Rio and his 'wot, me guvnor?' expression. Rio gets merked. And on the radio he sounded like he had a shite game. Good example of the sort of overspoilt player who could generally play at least 50% better than he does in most games if he really put his mind to it. Has he ever really recaptured the drive he showed in the 2002 World Cup? I'm not sure he has. Wayne is in danger of heading the same way, although curiously he displays the drive in many games and doesn't deliver. Vidic has been a cracker this season, tis true. This season's Heinze.
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Cannot watch the ManU game but I've just seen the result on the net. F...ing awesome !!
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Utd were quite simply stunning. One of the best performances I've ever seen. I really fancy them for the treble now. Carrick and Ronaldo were outstanding and no matter what people think of Utd as a club, you have to admit that that is the way football should be played. Fucking fantastic 8)
corruptio optimi pessima
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Jackson Monk wrote:Utd were quite simply stunning. One of the best performances I've ever seen. I really fancy them for the treble now. Carrick and Ronaldo were outstanding and no matter what people think of Utd as a club, you have to admit that that is the way football should be played. Fucking fantastic 8)
I'm not going to say that they are going to win the treble based on a single result, however stunning. They looked piss poor on Saturday.

Great victory for the Blues in Valencia tonight, against a team that very rarely loses at home. What a goal by Essien! Now on to face Liverpool - again. Ugh.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:
Jackson Monk wrote:Utd were quite simply stunning. One of the best performances I've ever seen. I really fancy them for the treble now. Carrick and Ronaldo were outstanding and no matter what people think of Utd as a club, you have to admit that that is the way football should be played. Fucking fantastic 8)
I'm not going to say that they are going to win the treble based on a single result, however stunning. They looked piss poor on Saturday.

Great victory for the Blues in Valencia tonight, against a team that very rarely loses at home. What a goal by Essien! Now on to face Liverpool - again. Ugh.
You did well. However, I wasn't that impressed with Essien's goal. Awful goalkeeping.
corruptio optimi pessima
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

:?

We could cure cancer and you wouldn't find it impressive.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Who Shot Sam? wrote::?
We could cure cancer and you wouldn't find it impressive.
Hasn't Jose done that yet???? :wink:
corruptio optimi pessima
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

He's working on it in his free time.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Anyway, it was a great result for Chelsea too. Jolly well done. 8)
corruptio optimi pessima
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Three English teams in the final four of the CL - amazing.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

I thought utd were a bit lucky with their first six.
signed with love and vicious kisses
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Very odd decisions by Leicester and Fulham :? :?

Not sure what their boards hopes to acheive this late in the day.
corruptio optimi pessima
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Some good news at last! Ledley King is back in the squad for tomorrow night's (Thursday) UEFA Cup quarter-final, second leg against Sevilla at the Lane. It will be so good to see him back he has been badly missed!

Bad news is Anthony Gardner is injured and Ricardo Rocha is ineligible for the UEFA Cup having played in the Champions League for Benfica. Benoit Assou-Ekotto and Lee Young-Pyo are both out with a knee injury and Paul Stalteri also out with a hip injury! :roll:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Jackson Monk wrote:Very odd decisions by Leicester and Fulham :? :?

Not sure what their boards hopes to acheive this late in the day.
Very unfair to Coleman especially, who has done a good job keeping Fulham up in the PL. His biggest problem was getting points away from home.
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

I was certainly disappointed and surprised. They are in real danger of going down, and I don't think this helps. Maybe they can pull something out of their ass, but they could lose the remaining five - away at Reading, Arsenal and Middlesbrough and home to Blackburn and Liverpool. Fucking depressing - Coleman was a reason that Fulham probably played over their heads over the last couple of years - my biggest fear was losing him to a higher profile team - fucking Fayed should go back to his conspiracy theories and get his nose out of the football.
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

...but the flavour is .....
signed with love and vicious kisses
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Cristiano Ronaldo has signed a new, 5-year contract with Manchester Utd.
My kids are delighted !!
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed