Wake up you footy fans!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Bugger their away goals, we can do 'em again!
If Dida is still in goal for them I wouldn't doubt it.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:I dunno. Liverpool could do us at Anfield and Milan have those two away goals. Gabriele Marcotti on the local footy radio show here thought it would be another Meeelan-Liverpool final. God help us all.
That would be so cool. I would laugh for hours :lol:
corruptio optimi pessima
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Jackson Monk wrote:
Who Shot Sam? wrote:I dunno. Liverpool could do us at Anfield and Milan have those two away goals. Gabriele Marcotti on the local footy radio show here thought it would be another Meeelan-Liverpool final. God help us all.
That's all you have left this season, isn't it?
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:
Jackson Monk wrote:
That's all you have left this season, isn't it?
Yep....apart from the depressing scenario of simply securing a UEFA Cup slot. But one takes comfort where one can :D
corruptio optimi pessima
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Jackson Monk wrote:Yep....apart from the depressing scenario of simply securing a UEFA Cup slot. But one takes comfort where one can :D
Chelsea did you a favor with that UEFA Cup spot by getting to the FA Cup final. I think you should send Jose and the boys a nice present. :wink:
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

I'll have a fiver with you that we won't need that favour - we'll finish in the top 6.

Nice to have the safety net though 8)

*note to self - order large portion of humble pie for May 13th *
corruptio optimi pessima
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Tottenham will finish 8th
Ac Milan will win CL
Both fingers crossed

Howard
Finnan Carragher Lescott Taylor
Gerrard Fabregas Lampard Ronaldo
Rooney Drogba

That is roughly the best side according to Fantasy Football. My understanding is that the PFA thing is voted for by the players but that the vote takes place around xmas so the actual ersult isn't always accurate (I think that is why VDS is in goal as the vote was before he started making regular errors). Ronaldo has been the best player this season its just that he is also a cunt of the highest order. Cech & Essien would definitely be in my team, wouldn't have any manc defenders taht is for sure although I do think that Vidic has done quite well this season.
signed with love and vicious kisses
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Tottenham will finish 6th
Chelsea will win the CL
Arse will go bankrupt and Winger will resort to pimping crack whores on the Old Kent Road....
corruptio optimi pessima
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Jackson Monk wrote:Winger will resort to pimping crack whores on the Old Kent Road....
Which winger would that be? Ronaldo, Giggs, Joe Cole, Downing? :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

The agony and the ecstasy! Four goal comeback! Our title!
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Congratulations Otis. Looks like the league is done and dusted.

On to the CL and FA Cup.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Leeds relegated. Dear oh dear.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Poor Leeds :D :D :D :D
signed with love and vicious kisses
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

couldn't happen to a nicer club
corruptio optimi pessima
Otis Westinghouse

Who Shot Sam? wrote:Congratulations Otis. Looks like the league is done and dusted.
Spoken like a true gent. Well taken on the chin. If only Jose could be so gallant. Shucks, it was nothing.
Who Shot Sam? wrote:On to the CL and FA Cup.
Let us at you!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Well, the better team over the course of the season won - more consistency, greater attacking flair, and probably even more desire. The injuries didn't help us early in the season, but then again you've had your own down the stretch and have still managed to scratch out results. I also wonder how all of this uncertainty hanging over Mourinho may have affected our play. Whatever the case, we'll be back next season, hopefully stronger and fitter than this year.
Otis Westinghouse wrote:Let us at you!
Let's see if we manage to get to the CL final first. Carvalho is out of the second leg at Anfield, apparently.
Otis Westinghouse

And Bollack, for what that's worth. SWP was lucky not to be beheaded by Gardner's high boot.

Chelsea have the better final prospect in theory, but after Liverpool's final comeback in '05, I'd never say never with them at all. And most of them will be reasonably well rested by Tues. I worry for our boys, especially defence, obviously, in terms of the lack of squad rotation possibilities with so many crucial games coming up. At least Rio and vidic are set to return Wed or the next game. Come back Neville!

Imagine if MU have an off day and lose against City, and Chelsea beat Arse and then us, it could all go to the last game. At this rate, and bearing in mind our pathetic defeat at Upton Park, I'm not sure I'd fancy it being against West Ham! Pretty improbable, though.
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

The real battle is down at the bottom. Watford didn't help things yesterday.

15 Sheffield United 38
16 Fulham 36
17 Wigan Athletic 35
18 West Ham United 35
19 Charlton Athletic 33
20 Watford 24

All have played 36 games except for Fulham.

Sheffield seem almost safe - away at Villa and home to Wigan. I see them getting 1 more point - finishing with 39.

Very tough end for FFC away this afternoon to Arsenal, Liverpool at Home and then Middlesbrough away - I figure them for one more point. 37 for the season

Wigan has Boro at home and then away at Sheffield. They draw both - finishing with 37.

West Ham, with new life, home to Bolton away to Man U. On the surface it looks dim, but I think they could possibly draw both matches as well and finish with 37.

Charlton has Tottenham at home and then are away at Liverpool. I think they may be cooked.

So FFC, Wigan and West Ham could all finish with 37 points for the last relegation spot. Am I correct in thinking that goal differential is the tie breaker here? In this case West Ham is 5 worse than Wigan and 8 worse than FFC.

Historically - do the clubs with nothing to play for go at 100% when relegation is at stake for their opponents?

Seriously contemplating a drive up to Middlesbrough if it comes down to the last game
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Boy With A Problem wrote:Seriously contemplating a drive up to Middlesbrough if it comes down to the last game
Wow, you are desperate!! :lol: :lol:

I'm going to be at the Wigan/Boro match on Saturday. Suddenly more interesting than the Manchester derby. I think Sheff Utd almost certainly stay up, Fulham barely scrape by, and Charlton and West Ham go down with Squatford.
Otis Westinghouse

I'm more excited about Sunderland going up, and its significance in the process that sees Keano's heroic reutrn to OT. Mark my words.

Goal difference is in deed the differential. Is there still some rule that if goal diff is not diff, away goals then decide it? Historically clubs with nothing to play for often perform well, freed from the pressures and stress of having to get results. Also I think there's more money to be earned by each team for a higher position. Is that right?

Sounded like Fulham could/should have done better today.
Boy With A Problem

Otis Westinghouse wrote: Sounded like Fulham could/should have done better today.
Arsenal were just too quick. Fulham had their chances, but I think all that the tying goal served to do was wake up Arsenal. Fulham has a couple of regulars that genuinely suck. I know that they like Brown's attitude, but it seems to me that's all he has.
Fishfinger king

Post by Fishfinger king »

Sorry that Fulham look gone to me.
I wouldn't be surprised if they lose their last 2 games, West Ham to beat a Big-Sam-less Bolton and stay up at FFC's expense.
Sorry again.
Can't you see I'm trying to change this water to wine
Boy With A Problem

Fishfinger king wrote:Sorry that Fulham look gone to me.
I wouldn't be surprised if they lose their last 2 games, West Ham to beat a Big-Sam-less Bolton and stay up at FFC's expense.
Sorry again.
The big hope is that Liverpool wins this week and rests the stars on Saturday. Sad state of affairs.
Boy With A Problem

Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

:lol: :lol:

Very close to the truth.

At first I was disappointed in the new Enfield/Whitehouse show, but it's really grown on me.

1-0 at half time.....getting interesting and too tight to call.
corruptio optimi pessima