Wake up you footy fans!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Was Vidic injured or just being rested? CR was certainly being rested, though it's entirely perplexing. Is he being saved for a now irrelevant game against Sporting Lisbon? I think it was pure arrogance from Fergie. 'We can crush lowly Bolton easily.' They maybe low in the league, but with new manager Megson, they looked more like Big Sam's team (whilst Newcastle look more like West Brom used to.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Was Vidic injured or just being rested? CR was certainly being rested, though it's entirely perplexing. Is he being saved for a now irrelevant game against Sporting Lisbon? I think it was pure arrogance from Fergie. 'We can crush lowly Bolton easily.' They maybe low in the league, but with new manager Megson, they looked more like Big Sam's team (whilst Newcastle look more like West Brom used to.
Clearly Alzheimer's is setting in and it's time for Fergie to go. The smart move for Glaser is to snatch up McClaren while he's still available. I think Malcolm can negotiate a good deal with him. Whaddayasay?
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
Otis Westinghouse

Fuck off!
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Boy With A Problem wrote:
Otis Westinghouse wrote:Was Vidic injured or just being rested? CR was certainly being rested, though it's entirely perplexing. Is he being saved for a now irrelevant game against Sporting Lisbon? I think it was pure arrogance from Fergie. 'We can crush lowly Bolton easily.' They maybe low in the league, but with new manager Megson, they looked more like Big Sam's team (whilst Newcastle look more like West Brom used to.
Clearly Alzheimer's is setting in and it's time for Fergie to go. The smart move for Glaser is to snatch up McClaren while he's still available. I think Malcolm can negotiate a good deal with him. Whaddayasay?
Not a bad shout. After all, Fergie made Mac and Brian Kidd the coaches they are today.
corruptio optimi pessima
colrow26

Post by colrow26 »

How very interesting to witness the corrolation betweeen this thread bursting into action and the fact that United from Manchester lost a rare game at the weekend :D
Ok United slipped up at Bolton, Vidic and Ronaldo were both injured following international appearances in the week. No excuses Bolton out fought us and we could not finish the few chances we created.
My money would still be on us to take the Premiership and the European cup but then I always was one for wishful thinking!!
...I want him to hurt...
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Through at the top of our group and we made it look easy. Nice!

They had better move heaven and earth to keep Didier at Stamford Bridge. There is no striker in the world I'd rather have.

And here is where I will be enjoying Red Bulls games come 2009. Construction (finally) starts next week. Bring it on!

Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Otis Westinghouse

Won't those fireworks be a bit distracting when a game's on?

I don't think there was any injury to Ronaldo on Saturday, I think Fergie decided to rest him and counted on cruising it away to Bolton, like Villa and Blackburn (so much for my signing of Friedel this week!). Clearly the great Cristiano was back on form last night, and maybe the resting was a good idea what with the Liverpool game soon after Roma. Saha needs to go, clearly. Roll on January.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I read Ronaldo was rested for the Bolton game and agree that it was arrogance from Ferguson.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

verbal gymnastics wrote:I read Ronaldo was rested for the Bolton game and agree that it was arrogance from Ferguson.
Fergie - arrogant? Never!
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

what a larf
signed with love and vicious kisses
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Not sure who I rate as the biggest fuckwit....Phil Dowd or our defence coach.....if we have one!

I'll just be glad when this season is over. It's been calamitous. Apparently we'd be 7th if games lasted 85 mins. :x
corruptio optimi pessima
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

You don't have a defence so therefore you can't have defence coach. I wonder if Levy is sounding out a new manager yet.
Otis Westinghouse

Looks like we can't do it without Ronaldo on the pitch.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

so lacklustre wrote:You don't have a defence so therefore you can't have defence coach. I wonder if Levy is sounding out a new manager yet.
hard to argue with that. At it again tonight!
corruptio optimi pessima
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Well well well...

Liverpool and Arsenal losing on the same weekend - how often does that happen? Puts me in a good mood for a bit of holiday shopping.
Otis Westinghouse

Add to that Drogba's knee and things are really looking up! I like the fact that Rosicky, in my FF team, got the late goal, but they still lost. they had the makings of a good gap on their hands by Christmas, and now it's a negligible 1 point. Clearly out of sorts today, though they still managed to play sweetly without Fabregas last weekend.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Clearly out of sorts today, though they still managed to play sweetly without Fabregas last weekend.
For a half maybe.

Even without Drogba, I think we have a chance of sneaking a draw next weekend, which would suit me just fine. Arsenal, ManU, Liverpool away all behind us and with the genius that is Avram Grant in charge, the sky's the limit! :D

Seriously, we have been playing some awful football under Grant, but the results have been good. Definitely need a striker in January.

No mention of Ronnie's dive? What a shocker!
Otis Westinghouse

Dive? Surely not. (Actually, I've listened to about 8 hours of footie this weekend, and only saw two seconds of MOTD, but that did include the penalty, and, well let's say it made up for the injustice of Monday night!)
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

O.
sor.
io!
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

mood swung wrote:O.
sor.
io!
Good. Wise choice I think. Wonder what Chicago will get in return.

For the Eurosnobs out there ;-), it's Juan Carlos Osorio, reportedly Energy Drink FC's new manager.
Last edited by Who Shot Sam? on Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

yawn
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

so lacklustre wrote:yawn
Yeah, Arsenal were pretty boring yesterday.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:
so lacklustre wrote:yawn
Yeah, Arsenal were pretty boring yesterday.
I'll take your word for it as you're the expert on boring football.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Avram Grant says we are playing sexy attacking football and who am I to disagree?

Yeah it's been a shit season, but we're just marginally behind ManU and Arsenal now, so who's to say we can't bore our way to another title?
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Anyway, I've just seen that Gareth Bale is out for 3 months so that's cheered me up. In the tottingham games that I've seen on tv he has been their one shining light.