celebrity sightings

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

this makes me think of the "busy people" thread. it's a damn good thing that I've got a husband, 4 youngins and a job, cos if not I'd be in Nashville stalking John Prine or in New York stalking EC or if I could come up with a passport and a plane ticket, stalking Nick Lowe in Brentford....instead of being here boring the hell out of you people!

but retirement is looking good...I just hope the above are not all too elderly to stalk.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

did you say something?...if moody gets ahold of john p he won't even be limpin'. i'll be in nashville friday night taking my 75-year-old mother to the opry for the first time. at the ryman no less. so i'm anticipating a little jimmy dickens sighting.
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

you're taking your mama to the opry? that is sooooo sweet! i'll forgive you your hearing problem then.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

and you could've brought her here to see little jimmy dickens

http://64.4.22.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_lang ... %26rfi%3d9
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

little jimmy dickens, porter wagoner, the whites, riders in the sky, mandy barnett, john conlee, jan howard, jack greene, james otto, whisperin' bill anderson, jean shepard, steve wariner, jim ed brown, helen cornelius, gail davies, jeannie seely, jimmy c. newman, rhonda vincent. well, i didn't exactly bump in to any of them, but i saw the wonderful bug-eyed bluegrass picker rhonda vincent in the ryman lobby.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

sounds like a real barn-burner! was Mom impressed?
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

mom was impressed. the sound in the ryman is so wonderful. she was not as impressed w/ anything as tiny slick the 3.01 year old was with the big hats on riders in the sky! and the next day at a toy store he travelled to one spot--toy guitars--and never left it. he is still there actually; we'll pick him up later. thanks for asking. do i smell bad?
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

not any worse than usual. go get tiny! buy him a guitar!
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

whew
A rope leash

Scent of an octagenarian

Post by A rope leash »

Porter Wagoner must smell pretty bad by now...
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

of all the people you picked to mention... because after the first half hour which he hosted, the curtain closes and grandma looks at me and says "porter looks pretty good". and as painful as this is for me to think about...he is still skinny and he hikes his pants up around his navel so as to display little porter, so i'm not certain grandma could tell you what songs he sang. dad's been dead since 93.