Celebrities you would rather not admit to liking

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Gillibeanz

Celebrities you would rather not admit to liking

Post by Gillibeanz »

OK own up everyone - which celebrity do you admire that you would rather no one knows cos its uncool?

Mine is Rolf Harris! Ive been a big fan of his since I was a kid, the man
is amazing! He can sing, paint ,draw present programmes and is a fully qualified swimming instructer and did a series of programmes on teaching kids. He also looks amazing for a man in his 70's - he doesnt look any older than when I was a kid - just greyer!!
Last edited by Gillibeanz on Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

Rolf Harris is a cool guy, Gilli. Do you watch his arts series on BBC1? Granted, it's a simple explanation of a certain artist, but because he's so enthusiastic about them you can learn a lot. Rolf's Art Club should be brought back to kids' TV.

And remember, Elvis did sing one of his songs on Frasier....

Is it okay to like Jonathan Ross? I know there's probably a bigger percentage of the population who hates rather than likes him. A lot like Marmite, no? Oh I know! I really like Fern Brittain and Philip Schofield. Now they're really uncool choices!
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Doesn't everyone like Rolf? Ross makes me laugh. Schofield and Brittain are naff.

I like Anthony Worral-Thompson, there I've said it.
signed with love and vicious kisses
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

The uncool people have more about them than glossy-magazine celebs...

Bill Oddie
David Bellamy
Patrick Moore
David Dickinson
George Formby
Terry Wogan
Chris Evans
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

PLAYTHING: We have a lot in common!! I am also a fan of J.Ross and Philip S. I went to see Philip in 'Josephs amazing technicolour dreamcoat 'and he was brilliant!!
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Plaything/Gilli - Jonathan Ross is cool

I love Rolf Harris. I used to love it when he said "Can you tell what it is yet?" and I always admired the way he painted on canvas.

In a perverse way I like Richard Madeley because he's such an idiot that you don't know what stupidity he's going to come out with next. But I don't think that was the intention of this thread.

FYI Richard Madeley is half of a husband and wife chat show team. He comes out with incredibly stupid comments and is pure car crash TV.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

I have absolutely no idea who any of those people are...pardon my americanism...
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

I started to post a confession, but it's just too dangerous! :oops:
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

EL VEZ :Come on now - spill the beanz :D !!!!
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Taz, you are pardoned. But I'm curious to hear ElVez's confession. 8)
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

VERBAL: Yeah Richard is a scream - I love to watch him babble on and try to bluff his way out of a stupid commnet while Judy just smiles on!! :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Elvis Costello
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

i LOVED tom jones when i was small. say, seven.

and i still have a soft spot for barry manilow. 7th grade, he was my idea of wonderful. i spent what must equal months of time hanging with my friend and listenening to mr. manilow crooning on the record player. we were smitten.

there, i said it.

come ON el vez!!!!! 'fess up!
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Okay, as long as others are coming out of the musical closet:

been to a few Manilow concerts myself. :o Still listen to a little occasionally when in certain moods. Poppet, I have the box set from about ten years ago!
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

PlaythingOrPet wrote:Is it okay to like Jonathan Ross? I know there's probably a bigger percentage of the population who hates rather than likes him.
I was going to burst into a passionate defense of Jonathan Ross, and how I've never met anyone who didn't love him, and how he's so kind and gentle that you'd have to be an ogre to hate him. Then I realized I was thinking of Bob Ross, who hosted The Joy of Painting. I have no idea who Jonathan Ross is.

I like Robbie Williams. I think he's sexy. I went out a couple times with this boy who looked just like him, but he was just too dumb to talk to.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Weird Al Yankovic
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Yup, Robbie Williams, although I have no problem admitting it. In the future he'll get the same retro-respect that Abba get now.

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

I loved Bob Ross so much. Happy little trees.
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
Elfslut

Post by Elfslut »

DrJ wrote:Yup, Robbie Williams, although I have no problem admitting it. In the future he'll get the same retro-respect that Abba get now.

DrJ
I rather like Robbie Williams myself..loved his version of ain't that a kick in the head.

I like Weird Al...too...don't see that anyone should be ashamed of that..

I like Graham Norton..but I admit to that..as well as everyone else I like..cos well I like them..and if you don't..well that doesn't matter...because you aren't me..

:D :) :o :lol:
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

MISS BA: Bob Ross - did he have a big fuzzy afro hair do? if so we get him over here - I love to watch him too! :D

They all make it look so easy and you always feel like 'i could do that' - til you come to try it...... :?
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Tim(e)

Post by Tim(e) »

Kylie
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Tonya Harding.

C'mon El Vez - it can't be any more embarrassing than Barry Manilow.

I saw Tom Jones a couple of years ago in Las Vegas and had a great time. I don't think he appreciated it when I threw my briefs at him though. Demon alcohol.
bobster

Post by bobster »

I'm an American and I -- like all true film geeks -- know Jonathan Ross from the "Incredibly Strange Film Show", which was a pretty powerful moving force in the whole psychotronic film "movement" (or whatever it was). Haven't seen all the episodes, but loved those.

I also understand he was sort of considered the "David Letterman of the UK" and our own Steve Nieve was his Paul Shaffer. What's to be ashamed of in that?

Didn't know any of the other English TV folks, but here's the revenge when I admit that I think Regis Philbin is funny.

And I'm not ashamed to say I like Tom Jones! (I will admit to being a little embarrassed that I like "Could this Be the Magic" by Manilow -- or "If You Leave Now" by Chicago, though)
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

bobster - Jonathan Ross became terribly unfashionable for most of the mid 90s and he couldn't get a job on TV for love nor money. But he's on everything now - a sports quiz (he hasn't got a clue about sports), his own Friday night chat show, Film 2003, a Saturday radio show and probably other things I've forgot. As well as being Jonathan's band leader, Steve also provided the music for The Incredibly Strange Film Show.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Bob Ross is a fuzzy headed lord!!!

What's the name of that Irish one on TV over here? He's also a bit godlike!