Imperial Bedroom Survivor - RESULTS

Pretty self-explanatory
kosi559

Imperial Bedroom Survivor - RESULTS

Post by kosi559 »

The winner of the Imperial Bedroom Survivor poll is...

Beyond Belief! I was kind of expecting this song to win, but it ended up being really close. Beyond Belief is a really great song with some of his best lyrics, and the performances from Bruce and Pete are just fantastic. I also love the weird melodic twists and turns during the verses. Man Out of Time is another standout track, but I don't think it's quite as strong as Beyond Belief. Thank you all for participating. One week from now, I will probably do another Survivor.

FINAL RANKING

Rank Song Votes Percentage
15th Little Savage 6/31 19.4%
14th Boy With a Problem 8/42 19.0%
13th Tears Before Bedtime 8/50 16.0%
12th ...And in Every Home 7/33 21.2%
12th Shabby Doll 7/33 21.2%
10th Kid About It 9/32 28.1%
9th The Long Honeymoon 11/35 31.4%
8th Pidgin English 11/34 32.4%
7th The Loved Ones 14/43 32.6%
6th Town Cryer 10/33 30.3%
5th Almost Blue 12/32 37.5%
4th Human Hands 17/36 47.2%
3rd You Little Fool 28/45 62.2%
2nd Man Out of Time 34/62 54.8%
1st Beyond Belief 28/62 45.2%
"Can't you see? My band is up there."
Neil.

Re: Imperial Bedroom Survivor - RESULTS

Post by Neil. »

Thank you, that was fun - though harrowing! Yes, Beyond Belief is incredible because I think it's a structureless song, yet it totally grips you without you knowing where it's heading. Amazing. And the bass drum - I swear it's like a heartbeat that's having arrhythmia. And the cymbals. And the whole thing, the whole bloody thing is amazing!
kosi559

Post by kosi559 »

Neil. wrote:Thank you, that was fun - though harrowing! Yes, Beyond Belief is incredible because I think it's a structureless song, yet it totally grips you without you knowing where it's heading. Amazing. And the bass drum - I swear it's like a heartbeat that's having arrhythmia. And the cymbals. And the whole thing, the whole bloody thing is amazing!
I'm glad you enjoyed. Sometime around April 21st, I'll do another Survivor
jardine

Post by jardine »

i may be alone, here, but could you do it a bit slower? just a bit
Harry Lime

Post by Harry Lime »

jardine wrote:i may be alone, here, but could you do it a bit slower? just a bit
It was fun, but I too wouldn't mind a little more time during the rounds.

This was a hard one because after Little Savage, I really like all the songs.Tough to see Tears Before Bedtime fall so early.
Who put these fingerprints on my imagination?
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

Yeah, I agree that it needs to be changed at the same time every day so that we can all get to vote. I missed some of them.

One IB song I've kinda got into recently is 'Boy With A Problem' - it's mental, that. Beautiful love song and melancholy melody but the lyrics are flat-out brutal (literally, it includes a number of domestic violence references). So I doubt it'll ever get any cover versions, which is a shame, cos it's great.
Last edited by Neil. on Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
kosi559

Post by kosi559 »

Neil. wrote:Yeah, I agree that it needs to be changed at the same time every day so that we can all get to vote. I missed some of them.

One IB song I've kinda got into recently is 'Boy With A Problem' - it's mental, that. Beautiful love song and melancholy melody but the lyrics are flat-out brutal (literally, it includes a number of domestic violence reference). So I doubt it'll ever get any cover versions, which is a shame, cos it's great.
Thank you for the feedback. Next time, I'll do it the same time every day.