Fans of classic country, check this out.....

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
cosmos

Fans of classic country, check this out.....

Post by cosmos »

One of the best radio shows I've ever heard happens right here in Nashville every Saturday from 6 am to 10 am (central time). It's the Eddie Stubbs Classic Country Show. I believe you can listen online at http://www.wsmonline.com. Floyd Cramer, Bill Monroe, Buck Owens, Johnnie and Jack, Hank Williams, Loretta Lynn, the Louvin Brothers....heard 'em all on there this morning. Mr. Stubbs is an announcer at the Opry and is a walking encyclopedia of classic country music.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Wonderful. Cosmos, do you ever listen to WDVX?
cosmos

Post by cosmos »

I've never heard of it, El Vez. Is it a Tennessee station? Is it online? I'm always looking for cool stuff to listen to...I listen to a lot of AM radio these days. If you like oldies, on a good night you can pick up 1530AM out of Cincinnati (can't remember the call letters). Also a great old school R and B station here in Nashville is 1470AM - WVOL. The crackling of AM radio is a stupid kind of nostalgia for me.....