debate feedback

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.

What do you think?

The idea still has potential
100%
It's probably not worth the fuss
No votes

Total votes: 6

bambooneedle

debate feedback

Post by bambooneedle »

I don't know what to make of the debate idea from the overwhelming response there was for people wanting to debate. Maybe those particular topics didn't turn you on, or more likely I made it all seem too nerdy. I tried to keep my ego out of it. Maybe it would seem like a lot less fuss once it got running. That would require more topics, so if you're interested at all feel free to suggest some. I can't think of any just now, but will work on it. In the meantime, I'd appreciate any anonymous feedback on the poll... any feedback at all.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

I think its a good idea Bamboo and who cares if only a few people join in? Obviously you are going to get more people stick their 2 cents worth in about subjects that they feel strongly about so how about some really emotive subjects and see how that goes?
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Good idea boo and I tried to make it work although I was a bit out of my depth on that art debate. I would prefer to have debates on current affairs, social issues, or music related topics rather than heavy philosophical diatribes. Or have I missed the point?
signed with love and vicious kisses
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Yeah, sometimes it's really hard to read the amzingly astute and clever points people make on a computer screen cos they're so in depth...maybe its just me..... but it was fun though.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

I know im not a deep intellectual but I dont give a monkeys I still comment! I think a lot hold back for fear of the fact they might not look up to par as there are some really clever people on this board.

We all know each other here so who gives a damn? Im pretty sure the eggheads on this board are not going to look down their noses at us plebs cos they are really nice people, so post post post!! :?
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Thanks for the feedback and your frankness. The truth is that I don't feel bad at all for there not being much interest... just wanted to know if there was much. My feeling is that it was either going to be hot or not... and evidently it's not, so I say let's just drop it and move on. Most if not all topics can still be discussed in a normal thread.

I'm still looking forward to the 2 entries for one other debate though, on "all love is unrequited", but that'll happen when they're ready - one of them is busy with schoolwork, the other is waiting for when it rains, and there's no deadline.
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

Bamboo...I think it's a good idea, but not to have a general 'debates' thread. Maybe post a topic with a [debate] in the title and whoever wants to discuss can do it.

Or, I can setup a new section maybe called 'formal debates' or something like that so whoever wants to can check it out. (this is VERY simple to do...would have to be if I can set it up... :D )

Let me know...
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

I think it's a great idea also, Bamboo. I guess I've just laid low on this one because all my debating skills are verbal. I don't know if I could come across as well on a message board.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

I won't push something especially if it appears to need pushing, but ultimately it's not for me to push. I went to a design school after high school and used to feel quite protective about 'my ideas' back then. Not anymore.