Alison Krauss to wear $2 million shoes to Oscars

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Knowing Elvis` fondness for shoes - red or
without heels - the guard could be kept busy...
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articl ... es-ON.html#

Associated Press
Feb. 23, 2004 08:37 AM

NASHVILLE - Alison Krauss will be putting her best
foot forward at this year's Oscars ceremony next
Sunday - in $2 million, all-diamond shoes.

She'll be a big part of the night's four-song
performance from the "Cold Mountain soundtrack," with
Annie Lennox, Sting and Elvis Costello.

But Krauss is already a shoe-in for another honor that
night - she's been chosen to wear shoe designer Stuart
Weitzman's one-of-a-kind Oscars footwear.

Weitzman's daughters are Alison Krauss fans, so she'll
sport this year's $2 million all-diamond Cinderella
shoes with four-inch heels.

On the right shoe, look for a five-carat diamond.

The shoes are borrowed for the evening, of course, but
Krauss will receive replicas studded with crystals to
keep when she turns the real ones back.

And expect a security guard to be dogging her steps as
long as she's sporting the borrowed footwear.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don`t know about you but I`m definitely bookmarking this -

http://www.stuartweitzman.com/
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

:o
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Elvis on the other hand, will be sporting his 34.99 suede Hush Puppies, available exclusively from Clarks.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

And here I thought Alison Krauss was one of the more down-to-earth singers out there.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

How bizarre. How people can criticize the space program while this sort of bullshit goes on is beyond me.
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Diamond shoes sound hideously uncomfortable.
chase

Post by chase »

but does she have diamonds on the soles of her shoes?
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

:lol: :lol: Does anyone here know Steeleye Span.....I just had some on, and the song Alison Gross came up...most amusingly sounds just like Krauss!
Alison Gross,
she must be,
the ugliest witch in the north country
Of course this song bears no reflection on Ms Krauss...who Ive never seen, so I've no idea whether she is ugly or dabbles in magic.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

laughingcrow wrote::who Ive never seen, so I've no idea whether she is ugly or dabbles in magic.
Only fiddlin' and singin' magic. She does a rather freakishly large head, however.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

:lol: I've no idea why I decided to post that random comment about Steeleye Span...but thanks Mug for verification of her non-witchiness.

No danger of a house falling out of a tornado onto her, and someone stealing her ruby red $2,000,000 shoes then..... :lol:
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

The 2000K$ Shoes and Elvis Costello do not compute. I know that he is not wearing the damn shoes, and his wife can wear anything she pleases. But somehow, someway, he will be compelled to make some sort of comment. I am sure that if it is uttered anywhere in the universe, the folyes will pick it up with their supersecret cyber-spy ears and secret Elvis decoder rings.

But if he were to immortalize the moment by capturing it in a single fleeting line of a song lyric, what might it be?

"Wearing the pressure of a thousand years,
Crystalline carbon crush to allay her fears"

After all, anything worth 2 million had better inspire something other than greed, envy, pomp, and circumstance.
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Mr. Average wrote: After all, anything worth 2 million had better inspire something other than greed, envy, pomp, and circumstance.
It's just hard to believe that the same woman who sang "Didn't Leave Nobody But the Baby" with Gillian Welch and Emmylou Harris on the O Brother, Where Art Thou? soundtrack would want to wear $2 million diamond shoes.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

re: it being alison krauss who's wearing the shoes - if some designer asked me to wear something they had designed, saying to me - "my daughters love your work" i'd be pretty stoked, and i'd probably say 'sure!'. and besides, it IS publicity. LOTSA publicity.

wanna know what she's gonna do w/ the crystal studded ones she gets to keep though. if it were me, i'd give them to my adopted nieces for dress-up. they'd LOVE that.
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Yeah, I think this thread is being hard on her....it's not as if she is commiting some kind of crime, she's just wearing some shoes that someone has lent her. I don't know anything about her apart from the fact she is a bluegrass singer, but why should she have some kind of moral obligation to not engage in the showbiz thing... it doesn't necessarily mean that she's suddenly some kind of amoral pretentious nitwit. She's in the media industry....it's just the nature of the beast.

They're probably really beautiful shoes as well...and we all know how much a lady likes her shoes, especially seeing as diamonds are a girl's best friend and all.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

somebody yelled out "AAAAAALLLLLLLLISON!!" Tuesday night--Elvis grinned and said she couldn't be here tonight, something about $2 million dollar shoes.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Misha

Post by Misha »

Mr. Average...you are one funny man!!!

I think of all the good that money could do...help the homeless...help the poor.....Jesus, what a fucking waste.

Alison went down about 50 notches in my book.....absolutely shallow and pathetic......

I am dripping with disgust at the waste.......

Wearing shoes that cost $ 2,000,000.00 only excuse their being made in the first place.

Misha----who used to be amused, now she is only disgusted......

:cry:
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

See this link for a picture of Alison`s shoes -

http://www.stuartweitzman.com/inside/cinderella.asp

A Cinderella Fantasy
This year, talented and lovely Alison Krauss will be wearing Stuart Weitzman’s one-of-a-kind fantasy glass slippers inspired by the Cinderella story. Stuart’s unique 4 ½” heels feature a rare 5 karat amaretto diamond and are sporting 500 individually set clear diamonds for an additional 55 karats of sparkle. Click here to find out more about these fantasy slippers!

CELEBRITY SHOE DESIGNER STUART WEITZMAN ANNOUNCES THE CREATION OF HIS CINDERELLA INSPIRED FANTASY SHOE TO BE WORN AT THIS YEAR’S ACADEMY AWARDS

STUART WEITZMAN TEAMS UP WITH KWIAT DIAMONDS TO CREATE A ONE-OF-A-KIND SHOE MADE WITH AN EXTRAORDINARILY RARE COLORED DIAMOND
SET AMONG 500 CLEAR DIAMONDS

Beverly Hills, CA -- Celebrity shoe designer, Stuart Weitzman, announces that he has created a one-of-a-kind pair of Cinderella-inspired shoes with Kwiat Diamonds that will be worn at the 2004 Academy Awards.

The stiletto sandal on a 4 ½ - inch invisible heel is covered with more than 500 dazzling diamonds set in pure platinum giving the illusion that there is no shoe, just diamonds twinkling on the foot. Nestled among the clear classic diamonds is an extraordinarily rare colored diamond. Never seen before, this diamond, which is amaretto in color and approximately 5 karats, is being specially cut and polished for the Weitzman shoes. With the rare colored diamond valued at well over $1 million and the shoes adorned with an additional 55 karats of clear diamonds, this pair of shoes will likely sell for $2 million or more.

Weitzman points out that, “Because this pair of shoes with such a rare stone, will also be worn on the red carpet by a beautiful, famous and talented woman, it might be considered priceless.” “Every woman dreams of being Cinderella, and Cinderella's fantasy shoe has finally become a reality,” adds Weitzman.

Kwiat Diamonds, with a legacy of exceptional craftsmanship and award-winning designs, has combined the rare diamond with classic diamonds. Lowell Kwiat expressed excitement in discussing the unique gem. “In my family’s nearly 100 years making fine jewelry, we have never seen a diamond of this color. I myself have seen more than a million diamonds, but nothing that looks like this.”

For the last two Academy Awards, Stuart Weitzman has created unique and unforgettable shoes. His beautiful $1 million sandal was worn at the 2002 Academy Awards. Last year he created the ruby shoe inspired by Dorothy's red shoes from the Wizard of Oz; and now this year, the world's most famous fantasy shoes come to life.

Weitzman will unveil the shoes and reveal the name of the star that will wear them during Oscar week at the Stuart Weitzman suite at Le Meridian Hotel in Beverly Hills. He will also present his collection specially designed to be worn at the Academy Awards and personally work with the stars and their stylists to help them choose their shoes for the biggest night in Hollywood. Also available at the suite will be the services of Ona Spa. Once again, Weitzman's Rodeo Drive store will be open 24 hours a day by appointment to handle special requests.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Oh, look -- she just stepped on some dogshit! Awww....
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

WOW chicks really dig shoes. But, if you are going to have someone wear shoes that cost that much you should get someone with better legs. The topical person to wear them this year would have been Sara Jessica Parker but I doubt they could come up with a reason that she should be at the Oscars. How about Naomi Watts!!! She is up for an Oscar and she has one great pair of legs that are worthy of those shoes.
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

Does anyone else think it's funny that when she sang, you couldn't see the shoes? :lol:

Of course, maybe they made a spectacle of them during the red carpet walk, but I missed that...
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Yeah, Red, I was looking for them, but they were hidden under that floor-length dress. What's the point of wearing them?