Leap Year Day

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
BlueChair

Leap Year Day

Post by BlueChair »

Sunday, as many of you know, is leap year day, February 29th.

I'm trying to figure out what I can do that will make the day interesting. I hope to start a tradition of doing a certain activity or set of activities every leap year day. That way it gives you something to look forward to every four years.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

I wanted to do something bizarre for my kids on the last Leap Day, but they all woke up with a stomach virus, so it wasn't really fun for them. Or for me either, really, but it certainly qualified as bizarre. or maybe surreal. more barfers than commodes.

I remember planning it as sort of a backwards day--dinner for breakfast, dessert for meals, meals for desserts, and if I remember right there was a marathon of Quantum Leap on Sci-Fi. Lame, yes.

Polar bear club?
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Misha

Post by Misha »

Blue....

You could take up streaking in the park!!!!

Every four years you can tempt fate to see if you get arrested!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

my trumpet instructor in high school was born february 29. i guess he would be 13 today.
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

oily slick wrote:my trumpet instructor in high school was born february 29. i guess he would be 13 today.
Sunday :)
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
verbal gymnastics

Re: Leap Year Day

Post by verbal gymnastics »

BlueChair wrote:Sunday, as many of you know, is leap year day, February 29th.

I'm trying to figure out what I can do that will make the day interesting...That way it gives you something to look forward to every four years.
You could see whether or not you get proposed to :)
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

There are times when leap years are 8 years apart. I can't really remember but it is something like years that end in zero that are divisible by 400 but not by something....oh crap it has been to long I can't recall. But it is because it actually take the earth 365 point 2 days or so to circle the sun so they have to add a day to make the seasons line up with the calendar. Eventually we get to far ahead and have to skip a leap year.