Elvis "Bonnie Tyler" Costello in Hamburg 29/1-05

Pretty self-explanatory
VonOfterdingen

Elvis "Bonnie Tyler" Costello in Hamburg 29/1-05

Post by VonOfterdingen »

One week later after the Copenhagen concert I was seated on the 16th row in the middle of the stage at Kampnagel in Hamburg. A closed factory and far from the perfect conditions at Vega in Copenhagen. Starting out with 'Blue Chair' the sound was horrible and EC's voice was as expected in a bad shape. Further on the sound got better and when they had played for an hour EC got warm and his voice was remarkable better. The audience was very relaxed - clapping and shouting a bit but nothing compared to the Vega concert which after all was a different kind of rock-concert. He told an anecdote about why "our little angel" was written in Liverpool. An early gig where nobody clapped - don't know if that was a hint.
After about 19 songs (i can't read my own handwriting) elvis left the stage, came back and played (in my opinion) a perfect 5 song encore. "The Monkey" faded into a thrilling "Love that burns". The audience moved a little more in the chair by now and for the second encore all the Germans woke up and danced around in the factory hall. Overall a good concert, saved by the first encore and because the concert ended on the right note.
The first part bad was pretty bad with his hoarse voice and terrible sound to boot although "Lipstick Vogue" was a riot.

1. Blue Chair
2. 45
3. You bowed down
4. Button my lip
5. Lipstick vogue
6. country darkness
7. blame it on cain
8. Either side of the same town
9. heart shaped bruise
10. started to come to me
11. our little angel
12. kinder murder
13. Chelsea
14. In the darkest place
15. you turned to me
16. when i was cruel no 2
17. watching the detectives (not sure about the order for this and "chelsea")
18. monkey to man
19. bedlam
encore 1
20. Hidden charm
21. Delivery man
22. Pump it up
23. The monkey
24. Love that burns
encore 2
25. there's a story in your voice
26. nothing clings like ivy
27. next time round
28. oliver's army
29. PLU
30. radio radio
31. needle time
32. scarlet tide

oh and i had not told my girlfriend about Cope's hunchback-elvis but she said after the concert that he looked a bit like a hunchback :)
I'm not buying my share of souvenirs