Computer poll

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.

Do you use a mac or a PC?

I use a PC
62%
I use a Mac
23%
I use a PC but I want to switch to a Mac
15%
I use a Mac but I want to switch to a PC
No votes

Total votes: 26

BlueChair

Computer poll

Post by BlueChair »

So...
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

I love my iBook.
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

I have a Gateway laptop, and a Gateway desktop and then we also have a Dell.
My son, who goes to art school, has a Mac and he'd like to get a newer one. I guess when you start with one kind, you end up liking it. He wants another Mac. He better get a fucking second job then! :evil:
I'm not angry anymore....
ReadyToHearTheWorst

Post by ReadyToHearTheWorst »

I use a PC, but I want to switch to Linux :?
"I'm the Rock and Roll Scrabble champion"
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

There are 4 PCs at home -- remember there are 4 kids to fight for computer time with. Three of these are running Windows XP while the other is running GNU/Linux. At work, I use GNU/Linux nearly full time and my laptop dual boots Windows XP and GNU/Linux.

At the current time, I have a mix of RedHat and Fedora on the GNU/Linux computers.

NOTE: For those who are concered with the difference between open source and free software, the Free Software Foundation recommends that Linux be called GNU/Linux because Linux technically refers to only a small piece of a distribution. Most of the user level software is from the FSF's GNU project. I have donated code to the FSF in the past and currently sit on one of their project's steering comittees. And yes, this does make me a software nerd.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Mac for me, as you can see from the "Computer Gear" thread. I switched over to a Mac about 8 years ago. I love the stability, ease of use and the cool applications. Windows has become so bloated over time that I don't know where to look anymore. My wife still runs XP on her Thinkpad (work requirements) and she hates it. We keep all of our home stuff - photos, finances, music, etc. on the Mac.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

I use a comador 64. The graphics aren't much but .......

okay I can't keep a straight face on this one.

MAC'S RULE.

We have 4 computers on the desk and there is plenty of dust on the "piece of crap"....oh, I mean the PC.

Macs are so much more user friendly.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

So are any of you Mac users taking the plunge and moving to Tiger? The new search feature looks great and I like the idea of RSS built right into the browser. The rest of the enhancements are less interesting to me. I think I may wait until they iron out the bugs - usually takes a few weeks.
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

I haven't yet - but my brother's got it. He seems to like it....It always takes me awhile to get all the new advancements :P
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

I don't own a car. Atleast I can own a top of the line computer.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

Just noticed <a href=http://edition.cnn.com/2005/TECH/ptech/ ... .html>this article</a> on Tiger this morning...
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

I don't have a computer right now...thinking of buying an iBook, which I guess would have Tiger if I bought it today, but I might as well wait a little bit longer, until they fix the bugs and whatnot. A few weeks, you say?

Where is my poll option?!
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

As with WSS, Mac, see the Gear thread! J'adore le Mac.
Who Shot Sam? wrote:So are any of you Mac users taking the plunge and moving to Tiger?
No, I'm just getting used to whatever it was called pre-Tiger. I guess a free upgrade ain't too likely. Can't I get a discount at least?
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:As with WSS, Mac, see the Gear thread! J'adore le Mac.
Who Shot Sam? wrote:So are any of you Mac users taking the plunge and moving to Tiger?
No, I'm just getting used to whatever it was called pre-Tiger. I guess a free upgrade ain't too likely. Can't I get a discount at least?
Actually, Mac does have an "up-to-date" program that will allow you to upgrade to Tiger for about $10 (at least that what it is here), assuming that you've purchased a new Mac after April 12. I assume that you've had yours for slightly longer than that?
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Ordered April 1, delivered April 19, but I just checked this out and have got the upgrade for £11.99. Great news! Thanks for the tip.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Ordered April 1, delivered April 19, but I just checked this out and have got the upgrade for £11.99. Great news! Thanks for the tip.
No problem. Glad to save you some money.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Sinclair Spectrum ZX
corruptio optimi pessima