The Right Spectacle DVD

Pretty self-explanatory
Miss Macbeth

The Right Spectacle DVD

Post by Miss Macbeth »

I'm just wondering when "The Right Spectacle" is going to be released in the US. I'm fairly new to this website so this question may have been answered pages and pages ago, but I really didn't want to go through all the past topics to find it. This DVD sounds like the coolest thing ever and I'm dying to get it, but the only place I can find it is a UK website and I don't have an international player. If anybody has any info I'd greatly appreciate it.
"Did you ever think there's far too many people in the world"?
ReadyToHearTheWorst

Post by ReadyToHearTheWorst »

Don't hold your breath. It was announced months ago, but legal problems have held it up. Haven't seen any date for it recently.

Meanwhile, have you tried to make your player multi region? If not, let google be your friend, there may be a 'hack' available for your model.
"I'm the Rock and Roll Scrabble champion"
Miss Macbeth

Post by Miss Macbeth »

Wow, thanks! I don't know how to do it, but if it's possible I'll learn how to do it, it's for a good cause anyway. If ya hear anything else let me know.
"Did you ever think there's far too many people in the world"?
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Thanks for reviving this . I seem to remember another thread said the new release date for this was 'late April '05'. That's been and gone , of course , but one can but hope.

Here's the only known order link for it -

http://www.101cd.com/video/info.asp?id= ... sptnr=3777
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

A few weeks ago I had pre-ordered this DVD thru 101cd.com (thanks to Mr. Foyle) and got an e-mail back saying the transaction couldn't be completed because the item wouldn't be available until October 2005.
Whether that's true or not, I don't know.
I'm not angry anymore....
VonOfterdingen

Post by VonOfterdingen »

I'm not buying my share of souvenirs
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

I think 'The Right Spectacle' is going to be part of some 'Best Of ...' - releases towards the end of this year.

When TJL is finally released, the Rhino/Demon reissue programme is finished and EC always spoke of releasing a (4-CD) boxset to mark the end of it.

Recently, EC spoke of taking a creative initiative using the internet and of presenting his backcatalogue in different ways on the internet.

So, if we combine all of this, it's problably not a bad guess to think that later this year EC will present his backcatalogue to us in lots of different ways: a 2-DVD 'Best of' (with clips of his hits), a 2-CD 'Best of' (with remastered sound), a 4-CD boxset (with some more unreleased tracks), and all of his hits for sale on the internet,...
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

sweetest punch, I love your guess !!!!!

But where did you get this 4-CD box set EC talk ?
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
Chrille

Post by Chrille »

I'm looking forward to the Right Spectacle DVD, but mainly because of the live performance footage and EC's commentary on the videos :p.

I've only seen one video on VH1, Accidents Will Happen, but I don't remember what is like now. I do remember however that I thought E.C and David Byrne where the same person because Byrne wore E.C-like glasses in the Once In A Lifetime video. I looked up E.C on allmusic.com hoping to find OIAL on one of his albums. When I couldn't find it, I searched for the song instead and found out about Talking Heads and ended up listening to them instead and just forgot about E.C. Then, 4-5 years later, some guy shares a few E.C albums on a torrent network, I download them and become insantly hooked. I wish I had started listening to E.C instead of T.H back then because I've missed alot of E.C concerts while T.H don't even play together anylonger. Still love both E.C and T.H though ;).
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

sweetest punch wrote:When TJL is finally released, the Rhino/Demon reissue programme is finished and EC always spoke of releasing a (4-CD) boxset to mark the end of it.
When and where did he speak of this?
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Chrille wrote: I wish I had started listening to E.C instead of T.H back then because I've missed alot of E.C concerts while T.H don't even play together anylonger. Still love both E.C and T.H though ;).
And maybe if you'd got hooked on EC first, you'd never have got to the Heads, so count yourself lucky that both are in your life. Their (EC and TH) LPs back in '79 and '80 were in competition for space on my turntable, they made life more worth living. DB still plays TH songs live, check out the rather nice DVD of his live at the Union Chapel London for evidence.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

And No Coffee Table wrote:
sweetest punch wrote:When TJL is finally released, the Rhino/Demon reissue programme is finished and EC always spoke of releasing a (4-CD) boxset to mark the end of it.
When and where did he speak of this?
I spent the last few hours at trying to find the article where he spoke of the boxset, but I couldn't find it (anymore?).

Maybe my wild speculation has become too wildly. :)

So let's stay to the facts: There is a 'Best Of' - DVD ready and EC wants to present his backcatologue on the internet. So why shouldn't he combine those two things later this year?
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.