Things to ask EC backstage on tour

Pretty self-explanatory
bambooneedle

Things to ask EC backstage on tour

Post by bambooneedle »

Just had the idea to have some burning questions that could be asked of EC in one place, things he probably would not mind answering for a fan forum. Like with 'Ask Elvis' on the old EC site. Ideally someone who is going to see a concert would print them, meet him, and he would scribble down some responses. It could yield some exclusive scoops! For now these come to mind:

- Is Love For Tender is your preferred opener for Get Happy!! ?

- Do you hope to release a box set of unreleased recordings, rarities etc at some point in the near future?

He might entertain specific song requests for upcoming shows... :o

Any more ideas?
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

I don't think we could get him to write down answers, but it could be worthwhile to have a question in mind if you meet him after a show.

I suggest "Are you going to release the Wendy James demos?"

You don't have to phrase this as a question. "Please release the Wendy James demos" also works.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

"Do you really look into Verbal's eyes at all those gigs, or is it a glare?"
"Have you ever had spanish-australian guy give you a list of dumb questions?"
signed with love and vicious kisses
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

And No Coffee Table wrote:I don't think we could get him to write down answers, but it could be worthwhile to have a question in mind if you meet him after a show.

I suggest "Are you going to release the Wendy James demos?"

You don't have to phrase this as a question. "Please release the Wendy James demos" also works.
A comment is better with a question, otherwise there might be too many comments and not enough questions. The idea is to extract some info from EC. I'm suggesting someone handing him a piece of paper with 10 questions from this site blah blah; would he like to respond to some fan-site compiled interview questions like he had with "Ask Elvis", to be published on this self-moderated site?, and see what happens...

ANCT - I don't want to "get him to write down answers", just offer him the chance to. He doesn't have to write down answers, he doesn't have to do anything. His answers could be recorded in different ways, he could even email his responses in.

I suggest that 10 initial questions are decided on here for someone to print and pose to him when they get the chance. Perhaps some obsessed EC listserver will do it.

Anyone got any serious objections to this idea?
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

Marry me I'm Canadian!
Preacher was a talkin' there's a sermon he gave,
He said every man's conscience is vile and depraved,
You cannot depend on it to be your guide
When it's you who must keep it satisfied
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Got a couple more -

- Is it Man From Uncle or Men From Uncle?

- Danny Adler believes you appropriated some visual aspects from him for your early look -- your Buddy Holly-style specs and Jazzmaster guitar. Was he a significant influence to you in this regard?