Google trends

Pretty self-explanatory
oldhamer

Google trends

Post by oldhamer »

I've not idea if you've seen this site before, but it's certainly interesting. It monitors who's searching for what on google. Here are the results for Elvis Costello:

http://www.google.com/trends?q=elvis+costello

I wouldn't have bet on those top three countries either! Argentina, the mind boggles...

And apparently, most people search for Elvis Costello in Dutch.

Any thoughts?
If there were a king of fools than I would wear that crown/And you can all die laughing/Because I'll wear it proudly.
alexv

Post by alexv »

Yay, time to kill!! I'll bite. US, UK, Australia and Ireland are not surprising given language, background, and media presence. Argentina and Chile don't surprise me either, since they are the two South American countries with the strongest European flavor and connections (I've also done a lot of EC PR work with these people, so I'm party to blame, along with MBA I suppose). The rest are more difficult to explain. I have no clue why Portugal is in the list. Maybe the success of She in Brazil got their attention? Denmark, Belgium and the Dutch are not too surprising given their multilingual societies, and the fact that they clearly have good musical taste.

Agree that the top three are a surprise though. How about the American cities? Add DC, Miami and NO to that list and you've got a pretty good argument for coolest American cities. Makes you proud to be an EC enthusiast.