w/ t-bone at great american music hall-sf

Pretty self-explanatory
ramalama

w/ t-bone at great american music hall-sf

Post by ramalama »

Elvis came on for the encore. 3 collective songs, though no duets.

1. Don't Lie to Me (Elvis vocal)
2. Flag Song? (Elvis vocal: T-Bone said it was the first time he'd heard it; "I hope someone had a tape recorder going." Elvis claimed he'd just come up with it.)
3. Bon Temps Rouler (T-Bone vocal)
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Was this the same band T Bone had on his recent tour (Marc Ribot, Jim Keltner, Dennis Crouch, Keefus Ciancia)?
Last edited by And No Coffee Table on Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
ramalama

Post by ramalama »

It was the same band. It was advertised as two full sets, but turned out to be one long one. It was heavy on the latest album, as you might imagine
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

I went to this show. T-Bone's latest release rules. Even though I was "smack dab in the middle" of SF, some of his tunes (Fear Country being one) are so far out/surreal, that, at times, I felt like I was transported to the slot canyons of southern Utah... BITCHIN'... and no brownies needed!

After the show, I was hanging outside chatting with a friend and a dude I didn't know, and Elvis and T-Bone walked right by me. I yelled out, "Elvi" and he turned around... I then yelled out "T-Bone" and he did a 180 turn around in the middle of the street... nice maneuvering on his part. I would have lost my coordination, dropped my drink, and probably even sprained an ankle or something... Anyhow, they drove off in a big monster truck vehicle... hideous thing... I should have yelled out, "What's with the gas-gussling SUV?" And if I had a extra moment, I would have recommended that T-Bone change his name (for one weekend only) to Tofu Burnett... or Tofu Briskett... Being that it's SF and all, I think the vegan hippies at Hardly Strictly would have enjoyed that... Most of them would have probably sparked one up in his honor.