Sad EC related deaths

Pretty self-explanatory
Mikeh

Sad EC related deaths

Post by Mikeh »

I read that Brien Hopkins of Eggs Over Easy has died. Eggs Over Easy were a band that included Austin De Lone (was he a Confederate or a Rude 5? I forget), and EC has been quoted as saying that without that band there would have been no pub rock movement, and no Elvis Costello!
oldhamer

Post by oldhamer »

That's really sad. Didn't know EC actually played with a member of Eggs Over Easy.

By the way, has anyone got Eggs Over Easy's only album? What do you think of it?
If there were a king of fools than I would wear that crown/And you can all die laughing/Because I'll wear it proudly.
migdd

Post by migdd »

Austin DeLone was definitely a Confederate! On the tours that the Confederates backed EC, dates were split between keyboardists DeLone, Benmont Tench and Mitchell Froom. I was at the 1987 Nashville Vanderbilt University show and DeLone was the Confederates' keyboard player at that date.

The Rude Five and Conquered Dogs (remember them?) keyboard player was the great Larry Knechtel!
thepopeofpop

Post by thepopeofpop »

migdd wrote:Austin DeLone was definitely a Confederate! On the tours that the Confederates backed EC, dates were split between keyboardists DeLone, Benmont Tench and Mitchell Froom. I was at the 1987 Nashville Vanderbilt University show and DeLone was the Confederates' keyboard player at that date.

The Rude Five and Conquered Dogs (remember them?) keyboard player was the great Larry Knechtel!
DeLone filled in for Larry Knechtel during the Asian/Australian leg of the 1991 tour ("Come Back In A Million Years") because Larry was unavailable. So he has been a Confederate AND a Rude Fiver