EC & The Sugarcanes, Huelva (Spain), July 23, 2010

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

EC & The Sugarcanes, Huelva (Spain), July 23, 2010

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Re: EC & The Sugarcanes, Huelva (Spain), July 23, 2010

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Blog account: http://davidgonzalezlira.blogspot.com/2 ... abida.html

(extract)
Aquí estoy rascándome como loco (qué gustito) porque ayer literalmente nos devoraron los mosquitos. Ya me estaba imaginando al Costello como el Zappa de la portada de The Man From Utopia. Afortunadamente todos los mosquitos se quedaron tomando cervezas fuera y en el interior la cosa estaba mucho más tranquila. Por cierto que qué magnífico lugar para un concierto como éste el Foro Iberoamericano. Nunca había estado allí, y me gustó muchísimo, por la comodidad, la acústica…También acompañó que hacía una temperatura excelente.
Pues bien, con cerca de media hora de retraso y menos de media entrada, salta al escenario Elvis Costello con seis músicos más. Sin mediar palabra arrancan con Mystery Train poniendo bien claro sobre la mesa de qué iría todo aquello: concierto acústico con toques de bluegrass, ganas de pasarlo bien, versiones para todos y charlas con el público. Me costó seguir los comentarios de Elvis. Tengo mi inglés un poco oxidado. Hubo momentos sublimes en los que Costello hizo alarde de su dominio vocal. No muchos lucimientos musicales, quizá alguno del magnífico Jerry Douglas con el dobro. Y muchas versiones, que encandilaron al público. A mi particularmente me toco la fibra ese magnífico tema que es Friend of the Devil de los Grateful Dead y que ya cantaba mi crío con sólo cinco meses. De su propio repertorio, Costello reinventó la rueda con temazos como I Want You y (What’s So Funny ‘bout) Peace, Love and Understanding y llegó al corazoncito de muchos con She (vale, esta no es suya tampoco) y April 5th, el tema que compuso junto a Rosanne Cash y Kris Kristofferson. Alguna con alma de groopie ;·) lanzo algún "I love You" a Costello, el cual devolvió personal y comunitariamente, para que todos nos sintiésemos atendidos. En el escenario el buen rollito se palpaba.

Google translation:
Here I am scratching like crazy (which gustito) because yesterday we literally devoured by mosquitoes. I was already imagining the Costello as Zappa on the cover of The Man From Utopia. Fortunately, all mosquitoes were drinking beer outside and inside things were much quieter. By the way, what a magnificent place for a concert like this on American Forum. I've never been there, and I loved it, for comfort, noise ... that was also accompanied an excellent temperature.
Well, with about half an hour late and less than half inning, Elvis Costello jumps on stage with six musicians. Without a word starting out with Mystery Train putting on the table clear what would it all: concert sound with touches of bluegrass, wanting to have fun, and versions for all talks with the public. It took me follow comments on Elvis. I have my English a little rusty. There were sublime moments in which Costello showed off his vocal domain. Not many outshine music, perhaps some of the great Jerry Douglas with the dobro. And many versions, which dazzled the public. I especially struck a chord that magnificent subject that is Friend of the Devil of the Grateful Dead and singing and my baby only five months. Of his own repertoire, Costello reinvented the wheel with temazos as I Want You and (What's So Funny 'bout) Peace, Love and Understanding and reached sweetheart of many with She (OK, that's not yours either) and April 5th, the theme he composed with Rosanne Cash and Kris Kristofferson. Some with the soul of groopie ·) launched a "I love You" to Costello, who returned staff and community, for which we all attended sintiésemos. On stage was palpable good roll.

Setlist (necesito ayuda para completarlo)

Mystery Train
Blame It On Cain
Down Among the Wines and Spirits
New Amsterdam / You’ve Got to Hide Your Love Away
Good Year for the Roses
Complicated Shadows
April 5th
Hidden Shame
The Delivery Man
Jimmie Standing in the Rain
Slow Drag with Josephine
(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes
Friend of the Devil
Alison
Don’t Lie to Me
---
¿¿??
She
I Want You
---
¿¿??
(What’s So Funny ‘bout) Peace, Love and Understanding?
Sulphur to Sugarcane
Everyday I Write the Book
Happy
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

They are playing "April 5th". Maybe a rehearsel for a duet with Kris Kristofferson on July 25 in San Sebastian (where Kris is also on the bill).
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

All These Strangers?

And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

His updated setlist adds "All These Strangers," which I guess is a new song.

Mystery Train
Blame It On Cain
Down Among the Wines and Spirits
New Amsterdam / You’ve Got to Hide Your Love Away
Good Year for the Roses
Complicated Shadows
April 5th
Hidden Shame
The Delivery Man
Jimmie Standing in the Rain
Slow Drag with Josephine
(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes
Friend of the Devil
Alison
Don’t Lie to Me
---
Bedlam
She
I Want You
---
All These Strangers
(What’s So Funny ‘bout) Peace, Love and Understanding?
Sulphur to Sugarcane
Everyday I Write the Book
Happy
EarlManchester

Post by EarlManchester »

And No Coffee Table wrote: His updated setlist adds "All These Strangers," which I guess is a new song.
As good a candidate as any to contain the phrase "National Ranson", I reckon.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Mystery Train / Blame It On Caine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1NKMdVuItY
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

A great set of concert photos by "David" on Picasa.

http://picasaweb.google.es/wakajawaka7/ ... rfnsbHIXw#

MOOT
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Jimmy Standing In The Rain: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiE02duD6NI
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »